Have you ever tried a hot chocolate made from raw cacao powder?! If you haven't you are definitely missing out. Its nothing like your usual hot chocolate that you are used to buying from your local cafe. It's rich, flavoursome and oh so yummy! Raw cacao has a slightly bitter flavour so you may want to ease off by not adding too much if your trying it for the first time.
Love using raw cacao? Try my raw cacao slice! Vegan, gluten free and one of the best sweet healthy snacks for you to enjoy.
I like to sweeten my hot chocolate with a small amount of coconut sugar or honey. If you prefer a vegan hot chocolate just omit the honey and use the sugar or don't use any at all! I also enjoy this hot chocolate with just straight cacao powder and a splash of almond milk as that also adds some sweetness. Enjoy this delightful hot chocolate with a slice of cake or over your breakfast! Sam xxx
- 95°C hot water
- ½ tablespoon raw cacao powder
- 1 teaspoon coconut sugar or raw honey
- Splash of almond milk
- Boil water to 95°C.
- In a big mug add cacao and sugar or honey.
- Pour boiled water into mug and stir with a spoon while pouring.
- Add desired amount of almond milk.
- Enjoy with a slice of cake, over breakfast or by itself!
- Omit honey for a vegan hot chocolate.
- Cacao can be quite bitter so add more sweetener if desired.