A little sneaky hot chocolate nightcap is a beautiful thing during the holidays is it not?
A super simple stove-top hot chocolate recipe which you will infuse a touch of rum, YUM! Have you ever tried making or even tasted a nightcap? I hadn’t until I made this one and now I’m wondering why I hadn’t made one earlier?
How will you enjoy your night cap? Traditionally during the evening? Or a fun time during the day? Well let’s find out and get making!
Hot Chocolate Nightcap
- 2 cups almond milk or milk of choice
- 4 tablespoon dark chocolate chips
- 2 tablespoon cocoa powder
- 2 teaspoon coconut sugar
- ½ teaspoon vanilla bean extract
- 2 tablespoon rum
- 3-4 marshmallows to serve
- 1 teaspoon cocoa powder to dust
- In a medium sized saucepan over high heat, bring milk, chocolate chips, cocoa, sugar and vanilla to a boil. Whisking occasionally to create a little froth.
- Once steam is coming off the surface, remove from heat and whisk through rum.
- Pour into mugs.
- Top with marshmallows and dust with cocoa powder.
- Serve and Enjoy!