I’m so happy you’re here!
I’m Samantha Pickthall, the recipe creator and food photographer who has been running this site for over 8 years.
Hi, I’m Samantha
Born in the sun-kissed landscapes of Australia, I call Melbourne home.
My baking journey began in the comforting corners of my childhood kitchen, watching my Mum and Nan craft their beloved recipes.
These early experiences ignited a lifelong passion for food, propelling me to further my skills through specialized courses in hospitality and patisserie.
When I’m not in the kitchen or behind the lens, life’s pleasures find me in various forms.
Whether it’s sharing affectionate moments with my loyal canine companion, Max, or in quieter moments, I’ll be engrossed in the meditative practice of crocheting.
I also love to serve up aces on the tennis court or, let’s be real, serving laughs because my tennis skills are sometimes “under development.”
Then there’s my version of ‘Into the Wild,’ which usually involves me hiking in local bushlands without getting lost (so far, so good) or unwinding by freshwater lakes.
I quickly realized that my true calling lay in recipe development and sharing these creations with a broader audience. This revelation was the catalyst for this food blog.
Alongside my love for baking and cooking came an interest in food photography. Sharing these delicious recipes and visually captivating images with you is, in essence, a dream come true.
My Favorite Recipes
- Certificate II in Hospitality – Offered by Vocational Education and Training (VET) in the Victorian Certificate of Education (VCE) at Aquinas College.
- Certificate II in Kitchen Operations – Offered by Vocational Education and Training (VET) in the Victorian Certificate of Education (VCE) at Aquinas College.
- Certificate III in Patisserie – Holmesglen Institute – Melbourne, Victoria
- Certificate II in Cake & Pastry – Holmesglen Institute – Melbourne, Victoria
- Melbourne Food and Wine Festival – Assisting professional chefs in multiple kitchens in The Langham Hotel with Holmesglen in 2013.
- Cilantro Restaurant – Preparing, baking and cooking authentic French cuisine for high tea as part of my TAFE course with Holmesglen.
- Cake Bake & Sweets Show – Booth exhibitor with the team from Organic Times sharing their premium certified organic pantry ingredients and cookies at the 2017 Sweet Expo, Melbourne.
- 2007 – 2016: Retail Salesperson
- 2016 – 2018: Freelance food photographer at The Healthy Mummy.
- 2018 – 2022: Full-time freelance food photographer and recipe developer.
- 2022 – Present: Full-time food blogger at WholesomePatisserie.com
- BuzzFeed – Roundup 15 Delicious Puff Pastry Dishes That Taste Like A Million Bucks Featured recipe: Onion Zucchini Tartlets and more roundups.
- Elle France – Article How to make homemade scones that would please the royal family? Featured recipe: Chocolate Chip Scones.
- Elle Quebec – Article 15 ice lolly recipes for a breath of fresh air Featured recipe: Berry Kombucha Popsicles.
- Vegan Food and Living – Article Ultimate vegan and gluten-free baking guide Featured recipe: Vegan Blueberry Scones.
- Yum Gluten Free – Recipe shared in Issue of Summer 2019.
- Woolworths Fresh Ideas – Collaborated with Cocobella on a one-page spread, where I developed and photographed the Raspberry Yoghurt Parfait Popsicles recipe.
- Coles Magazine – Collaborated with Cocobella on a one-page spread, where I developed and photographed the Coconut Yoghurt Fruit Bowl recipe.
- Australian Gluten-Free Life – Contributed my story and 4 recipes on page 78 of Issue 18, August 2018.
- EatWell Magazine – Partnered with Organic Times to develop recipes and food photography for 4 recipes in 2017.
Contributed to two recipes + food photography.
- The Mello Cookbook – Author Gianna Ciaramello, featuring Breakfast Bliss Balls and Creamy Broccoli Pasta recipes.
- Live Love Nourish – Front cover photography + multiple photographed recipes in Homemade GF Easter Recipes Ebook.
Exclusive Recipes, Food Photography & Food Video Tutorials
Collaborated with various companies to develop recipes, food photography, and create video tutorials showcasing their products.
- Cocobella – Brand ambassador.
- Bondi Protein Co. – Photograph & Recipe: Strawberry Protein Popsicles, Chocolate Protein Tarts, and more.
- Pure Harvest – Photograph & Recipe Development: Chocolate Hazelnut Cupcakes and Vegetarian Red Curry and more.
Creating food photography and food video tutorials for companies in partnership with Live Love Nourish:
- Australian Macadamias – Photographs: Macadamia Lamington Ice Cream Sandwiches, Chocolate Macadamia Cake, and more.
Exclusive Restaurant Food Menu Photography
- The Budgie Bar – Ringwood, Melbourne
- Street Talk Espresso – Armadale, Melbourne
- The Swag
- Organic Times – Pink Almonds Product and Grass-Fed Organic Ghee and more.
- Daniel Wellington
- Urban Herbal Creams
5 Fun Facts About Me
- My favorite hobby outside of food: Crocheting.
- TV shows I can binge-watch: Gilmore Girls & Hart of Dixie.
- My favorite city: New York City.
- Phobia: Bathtubs – I have no explanation for this.
- Intolerance: Quinoa is my archenemy.
Hey friend, let’s get social! Hit that follow button for the latest updates!