This granola tastes just like Nutella… I hope I have your attention now!
But for reals, it seriously does…
Not only is this chocolate hazelnut granola pretty much Nutella in crunch form, it's so easy to put together, bake and eat (obviously that last one is what we are all here for!).
This granola takes under 10 ingredients to enjoy before you know it, technically 9 if you include the milk to serve but who else is a little sneaky and works their way into their pantry throughout the day and snacks on their homemade granola? Yeah, me too 😉
All you need to make this scrumptious chocolate hazelnut granola is one big bowl, because this recipe makes a decent amount to see you through the week, staple ingredients that you probably already have most of sitting in your pantry and as passion for chocolate and hazelnuts! Mixed altogether in the one bowl and spread over your large oven baking tray. Once baked to perfection, you can enjoy straight away, if you like it warm that is! Or you can cool it right down and enjoy it for later.
Making this granola is also a great way to meal prep a few of your breakfasts, just like having a yummy cereal to wake up too but this is sooo much more delicious! You’ll just have to make it to believe me but chocolate and hazelnuts together are never a fail.
I hope you enjoy this super simple yet super deletable chocolate hazelnut granola, it’s the best!!
- 2 cups rolled oats
- 1 cup desiccated coconut
- ¾ cup whole hazelnuts, roughly chopped
- ⅓ cup milk or dark chocolate chips, (use dairy free if preferred)
- 2 Tbsp natural cocoa powder
- ⅓ cup maple syrup
- ¼ cup melted coconut oil
- 1 tsp vanilla bean extract
- Almond milk or any dairy free milk of choice
- Preheat oven to 180ºC (356ºF) and line a large flat baking tray with parchment paper, set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine oats, coconut, chopped hazelnuts, chocolate chips and cocoa, mix well.
- Pour over maple syrup, melted coconut oil and vanilla. Using a wooden spoon, mix the wet ingredients into the dry, you may want to get your hands stuck in there for this step. Mix until well combined and a little sticky.
- Spread granola mixture out onto prepared tray.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes or until toasted and golden, making sure it doesn’t burn. Stirring granola half way through cooking to ensure even roasting.
- Remove from oven and serve warm with milk or cool down completely and store in an airtight glass jar for later.
Store granola in an airtight container or a glass jar, such as a mason jar, in the pantry, for up to 2 weeks.
- Prep Time: 10 mins
- Cook Time: 30 mins
- Category: Breakfast, Vegan