Happy New Week! I have a delicious recipe to start you off with, especially enjoyed for breakfast, Peanut Butter + Chocolate Chip Granola!
We can all use endless flavours and options for granola can’t we? It keeps things interesting and you can rotate through your favourite variations. Right now on my blog, I have 3 flavours of granola:
Chocolate Hazelnut Granola
Peanut Butter + Chocolate Chip Granola!!
My favourite? Oh I can’t choose! I love them all! But….. I’d have to say the choc-hazelnut granola will always be my number one 🙂 shhh, don’t tell the other granola’s…..
Ok! So I guess you may still be drooling of the flavour combo in today’s granola? Yeah me too. PB + Chocolate is a classic and we all know it. With only 5-ingredients needed to whip up your very own batch, it bakes in no time and you can enjoy it warm or cool it right down and save for later.
How do you enjoy your granola? I’m a classic gal and enjoy it simply with almond milk, in a bowl, like cereal 🙂
- 2 cups rolled oats
- 1 cup desiccated coconut
- ½ cup peanut butter, crunchy or smooth
- ¼ cup maple syrup
- ½ cup chocolate chips, I use Organic Times Dark Chocolate Drops
- Almond milk, or plant-based milk of choice, to serve
- Preheat oven to 180ºC (356ºF) and line a large flat baking tray with parchment paper, set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine oats and coconut, mix well.
- In a small pot over low heat, add peanut butter and maple syrup. Stir gently over the low heat until peanut butter turns smooth and combines well with the maple syrup. Remove from heat.
- Pour peanut butter mixture over oats and using a wooden spoon, mix the wet into the dry, you may want to get your hands stuck in there for this step. Mix until well combined and oats are coated.
- Spread granola mixture out onto prepared tray.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes or until toasted and golden, making sure it doesn’t burn. Stirring granola half way through cooking to ensure even roasting.
- Remove from oven and set aside to cool down, approx. 20-30 minutes before adding the chocolate chips.
- Once cooled down, sprinkle over chocolate chips and stir through, leaving chunks of granola still intact.
- Serve with milk or store in an airtight glass jar for later.