Divine White Chocolate Chunk & Apple Muffins! These one bowl muffins are soft, glorious and dreamy with those beautiful white chocolate melted chunks. I love to enjoy one of these with my morning tea or afternoon cuppa.
- 125g unsalted butter, melted
- 1 1/2 cups (230g) plain all purpose flour, use gluten free flour if preferred
- 1 tsp (3g) baking powder
- 1 tsp (7g) baking soda
- 1/2 cup (110g) caster or granulated sugar, white or raw
- 1 cup (270g) apple sauce
- 1 large egg
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup (100g) white chocolate block, roughly chopped
- Preheat oven to 180ºC (350ºC). Line a 12-hole muffin pan with muffin patty pans, set aside.
- Melt butter first and set aside to cool slightly.
- In a large mixing bowl, sift flour, baking powder and baking soda together.
- Stir through sugar.
- Pour in apple sauce, egg, vanilla and melted butter. Gently mix together with a spatula or wooden spoon, until a soft and smooth batter forms, ensuring not to over-mix.
- Add chocolate chunks and fold through until combined.
- Spoon batter into prepared muffin pan. Filling each 3/4 of the way full.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes or until lightly golden and a toothpick inserted comes out clean.
- Remove from oven and cool in pan for 5 minutes.
- Transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.
- Serve and enjoy!
- Store in an airtight container, in the pantry, for 3-4 days.