When I say these muffins are so fluffy, I really to mean they’re incredibly SOFT and FLUFFY! You may even confuse them with cupcakes but these beauties are 100% muffins and we are all here for them.
These muffins are:
No electrical beaters required
These chocolate apple muffins are created in one bowl with no electric beaters required - woohoo! All you need is your trusty wooden spoon or rubber spatula. You won’t believe just how easy these are by reading this, so your only option is to whip up a batch for yourself, right?! 😉
The main ingredient in this muffin batter to incorporate all the dry ingredients and which creates the softest of baked muffin textures is the apple sauce. One cup of apple sauce is used in this recipe and oh my goodness, it works absolute wonders.
Let’s get to it friends, enjoy your new favourite muffin recipe, delish!Print
One Bowl Chocolate Chip Apple Muffins! The softest, most fluffiest 9-ingredient muffins requiring zero electrical beaters!
- 125g unsalted butter, melted
- 1 ½ cups (230g) plain all purpose flour, use gluten free flour if preferred
- 1 tsp (3g) baking powder
- 1 tsp (7g) baking soda
- ½ cup (110g) caster or granulated sugar, white or raw
- 1 cup (270g) apple sauce
- 1 large egg
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- ½ cup (100g) milk chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 170ºC (340ºC). Line a 12-hole muffin pan with muffin patty pans, set aside.
- Melt butter first and set aside to cool slightly.
- In a large mixing bowl, sift flour, baking powder and baking soda together.
- Stir through sugar.
- Pour in apple sauce, egg, vanilla and melted butter. Gently mix together with a spatula or wooden spoon, until a soft and smooth batter forms, ensuring not to over-mix.
- Add chocolate chips and fold through until combined.
- Spoon batter into prepared muffin pan. Filling each ¾ of the way full.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes or until lightly golden and a toothpick inserted comes out clean.
- Remove from oven and cool in pan for 5 minutes.
- Transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.
- Serve and enjoy!
Store in an airtight container, in the pantry, for 3-4 days.
- Prep Time: 15 min
- Cook Time: 20 min