When I’m craving a decadent treat that’s easy and fast to whip up, one of my favorites is this Mint Brownies With Brownie Mix Recipe! Not only are they simple to make, but they also have a crinkled crust and fudgy center just like homemade brownies!
I love using box brownies to make easy slice recipes that are perfect for both a quick snack and an indulgent dessert!
Mint Brownies With Brownie Mix
What sets these mint brownies with brownie mix apart is their ease of preparation, combined with an irresistible flavor and texture.
They transform a simple boxed brownie mix into a decadent mint brownie recipe.
Using a brownie mix as the base, these brownies are infused with mint extract, eggs and olive oil. Their ideal for last-minute gatherings or spontaneous dessert cravings!
If you have fresh mint growing in the garden, feel free to roughly chop 1-2 tablespoons and mix it through your brownie batter before baking!
Can I use any brand of brownie mix for this recipe?
Yes, most standard brownie mixes will work. Just follow the basic instructions on the package and add the mint flavoring as per the recipe.
Ingredient Notes & Substitutions
A full and detailed recipe card with all the ingredients to make these chocolate mint cupcakes is at the bottom of this post.
- Boxed Brownie Mix: I used a 380g box of Green’s Chocolate Brownie Mix, but feel free to use any brand you prefer, just be sure to follow the specific mix’s instructions, especially if your packet is larger than (380g/13.4 oz.). Use olive oil instead of melted butter as listed in the recipe below if your packet calls for butter.
- Mint Extract: You can substitute mint extract with a tiny amount of food-grade peppermint or spearmint essential oil, starting with just one or two drops and blending it through. Taste test as you go, given the oil’s high concentration, and ensure it’s safe for consumption.
How to Make Mint Brownies with Box Brownies (with photos)
A full and detailed recipe card is at the bottom of this post.
Preheat & Line Tin: Set your oven to 356ºF (180ºC) fan-forced. Line a 20cm square baking tin with parchment paper and set aside.
Combine Ingredients: In a large mixing bowl, add the brownie mix. Pour in the lightly whisked eggs, oil, and mint extract. Stir the mixture until just combined, ensuring there are no dry pockets but avoid overmixing.
Spoon into Tin & Bake: Transfer the batter into the lined tin and smooth out the top evenly. Bake for 18-20 minutes until the top has a crinkled crust and a toothpick inserted into the middle comes out with a few moist crumbs.
Cool: Remove from the oven and let the brownies cool in the tin for 10 minutes. Transfer to a wire rack to cool completely. Cut the brownies into squares and enjoy!
- Quality Box Mix Matters: Choose a high-quality brownie mix as your base for the best flavor and texture.
- Room Temperature Eggs: Ensure your eggs are at room temperature so they blend seamlessly into the batter.
- Don’t Overmix The Batter: Whisking the eggs separately and adding the mint extract when the eggs and oil are added prevents overmixing the brownie batter.
- Don’t Overbake: Bake just until set for fudgy brownies. Overbaking can lead to dryness.
- Cut with a Clean Knife: For neat squares, use a sharp knife, cleaning it between cuts.
How do I add the mint flavor to the brownies?
The Mint flavor is infused using mint extract or peppermint extract. You can adjust the quantity according to your taste preference.
Can I make these brownies gluten-free?
Absolutely! Just use a gluten-free brownie mix and ensure that all other added ingredients are also gluten-free.
Can I add chocolate chips to the mix?
Yes, adding chocolate chips can give an extra chocolatey flavor. You can use mint-flavored chocolate chips for more minty goodness or use dark or milk chocolate chips.
Store: Keep the mint brownies in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 3-4 days.
Freeze: Wrap the brownies tightly and freeze them in a freezer-safe container for up to 3 months.
Thaw: To thaw, leave the brownies at room temperature for a few hours before serving.
If you enjoy this recipe, please consider leaving a ⭐️ star rating and a comment review below. I love to hear what you think and it’s much appreciated. Thank you! Your email address will not be published. Sam x
Mint Brownies With Brownie Mix
- 1 box (380g/13.4 oz) chocolate brownie mix
- 2 large eggs, lightly whisked
- 1/3 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tsp mint extract
- Preheat & Line Tin: Set your oven to 356ºF (180ºC) fan-forced. Line a 20cm square baking tin with parchment paper and set aside.
- Combine Ingredients: In a large mixing bowl, add the brownie mix. Pour in the lightly whisked eggs, oil, and mint extract.
- Mix: Stir the mixture until just combined, ensuring there are no dry pockets but avoid overmixing.
- Spoon into Tin: Transfer the batter into the lined tin and smooth out the top evenly.
- Bake: Place in the oven and bake for 18-20 minutes. Look for a crinkly crust on top and a toothpick with a few moist crumbs when inserted in the center. Be careful not to overbake to retain a fudgy texture.
- Cool in Tin: Remove from the oven and let the brownies cool in the tin for 10 minutes.
- Transfer to Rack: Move them to a wire rack to cool completely.
- Slice & Serve: Cut the brownies into squares and enjoy!
- Store: Keep the mint brownies in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 3-4 days.
- Freeze: Wrap the brownies tightly and freeze them in a freezer-safe container for up to 3 months.
- Thaw: To thaw, leave the brownies at room temperature for a few hours before serving.