Monday Fun Day! That’s what they call it right?! Well it is when you have a batch of these Chocolate Mint Brownies! Yes please!!
Chocolate + mint! One of the, if not the most, classic flavours you can get. Chocolate mint has forever been a favourite of mine and it is my Mum’s absolute favourite flavour combinations. Is it yours?
These chocolate brownies are infused with peppermint and are completely gluten free, dairy free and vegan (if you choose vegan chocolate chips though). I get my chocolate chips from Organic Times. You know I love them and there is a great reason for that! They’re completely organic!! That’s what we all aim for!
If I could say one-bowl brownies, I would but that really means one food processor, haha! I adapted this recipe from Emilie Eats! I took her Chocolate Mint Brownie recipe but just stuck with the base. Thanks Emilie for creating such an easy, delicious and healthy brownie recipe, you go girl! I love to share my fellow foodies recipes because the more people who can enjoy them, the better!
As I mentioned late last week, I wanted to share more easy go-to recipes for you. This way, you need less time to bake/cook and more time to eat and enjoy. These chocolate mint brownies are absolutely perfect for after dinner snacks or pack them up for your treats during work. They are also wonderful for your kids lunch boxes if they have a chocolate sweet tooth but beware, it contains nuts! You can easily sub the almond butter for sunflower seed butter if you’re wanting a nut-free version.
I hope you guys have a wonderful week ahead! I’m excited to share with you more easy, homemade and healthy recipes this week, keep your eyes peeled my friends, you’re in for many delightful treats and simple and healthy dinner meals!
- ¾ cup pitted dates, soaked in boiling water for 5 minutes
- ¾ cup almond butter*
- ¼ cup unsweetened applesauce
- ½ cup almond milk
- ½ cup oat flour
- ⅓ cup cacao powder
- 3 teaspoon peppermint extract
- 1½ teaspoon vanilla bean extract
- 1½ teaspoon baking soda
- ¾ cup Organic Times Dark Chocolate Drops
- Preheat oven to 180ºC (356ºF). Line a 9” x 9” square baking pan with parchment paper. Set aside.
- Drain soaked dates.
- In a high speed food processor, add dates, almond butter, applesauce and milk. Blend on high until smooth and combined. Scraping down the sides.
- To the processor, add oat flour, cacao, peppermint extract, vanilla and baking soda. Blend on high until well combined and smooth.
- Add chocolate chips, pulse until just combined.
- Pour batter into prepared baking pan and smooth out top.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes or until top springs back when touched or until a skewer inserted into the middle comes out clean.
- Remove and cool in pan for 10-15 minutes.
- Transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.
- Slice into squares and enjoy!
*For a nut-free version, sub almond butter for sunflower seed butter.
Love that you use dates in these! They look great!
Hi Bethany! Thank you! The dates help create that delicious fudgy texture and add natural sweetness, yummy! Hope you give them a go!
These look gooey and moist in the middle with that delicate crunchy crust that all brownies need - and without eggs, gluten or dairy! Yum!
Hi Rosie! Thanks so much! Completely agree with you on the perfection of these brownies! Guilt free is essential and these beauties are so luscious, especially with that hint of peppermint! Enjoy! xx