Homemade granola filled with a variety of delicious dried fruit and mixed nuts. Enjoy for breakfast served with your favourite yoghurt and fresh berries. It’s also wonderful as a bowl of cereal with your choice of milk!
- 2 cups (200g) rolled oats
- 1 cup (90g) shredded coconut
- 1/2 cup (80g) raw cashews
- 1/2 cup (80g) raw almonds
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/3 cup (130g) honey
- 50g (1/4 cup) unsalted butter, melted
- Dried Fruit
- 1/3 cup (50g) dried cranberries
- 1/3 cup (50g) sultanas
- 1/3 cup (80g) dried apricots, roughly chopped
- Preheat oven to 160ºC (320ºF) and line a large flat baking tray with parchment paper, set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine oats, coconut, cashews, almonds and cinnamon. Mix until well combined with a wooden spoon.
- In a small pot, pour in honey and add butter. Place over a low-medium heat and mix until butter has completely melted and mixture is smooth. Remove from heat.
- Pour honey and butter mixture into dry ingredients and mix until well combined and everything is coated.
- Transfer granola onto lined tray and spread out evenly.
- Bake for 20-22 minutes or until toasted and lightly golden. Do not stir granola during or after baking, otherwise you won’t get any chunks!
- Remove from oven and allow granola to cool completely on tray.
- Once cooled, sprinkle over dried cranberries, sultanas and chopped apricots. Mix through granola.
- Serve with milk or yoghurt and fresh berries.
- Store granola in an airtight container or a glass jar, such as a mason jar, in the pantry, for up to 2 weeks.