Wholesome muffins infused with coffee and topped with flaked almond. Simple one bowl muffin batter baked to golden perfection. Enjoy your fresh baked coffee muffins for your mid-morning tea!
- ½ cup (100g) unsalted butter, melted
- 2 tsp (10g) instant powdered coffee
- ¼ cup (60ml) hot water, hot tap water is fine doesn’t have to be boiling
- 2 cups (300g) plain all purpose flour
- 1 ½ tsp (8g) baking powder
- ½ tsp (4g) baking soda
- ⅓ cup (80g) raw or white granulated sugar
- ¼ cup (50g) packed light brown sugar
- 2 large eggs, room temperature (each weighing approx. 50g in shell)
- ¼ cup (60ml) milk, room temperature, I used almond milk
- ⅓ cup (95g) plain greek yoghurt, room temperature
- 1 tsp vanilla bean extract
- ⅓ cup flaked almonds
- Preheat oven to 180ºC (356ºF). Line a regular size 12-hole muffin pan with muffin patty liners. Set aside.
- Melt butter and set aside to cool slightly.
- Add powdered coffee to a bowl or small jug. Add ¼ cup hot water and mix until coffee is completely dissolved. Set aside to cool slightly.
- In a large mixing bowl, add flour, baking powder and baking soda. Whisk until well combined.
- Whisk through both sugars.
- Make a well in the middle and add eggs. Give them a little mix/whisk with your spatula or a fork to break them up.
- Pour in milk, yoghurt, vanilla and cooled melted butter and brewed coffee. Fold until well combined, ensuring not to over-mix batter, until all ingredients are just incorporated.
- Fill muffin cups ¾ of the way up, dividing batter evenly between each cup. Makes 12 muffins.
- Sprinkle flaked almonds on top of each muffin, refer to above photo of how many almonds I added.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes until a toothpick inserted into the middle of one comes out clean.
- Allow muffins to cool in pan for 10 minutes.
- Transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.
- Prep Time: 20min
- Cook Time: 30min