Rocky Road is exactly what you need to be adding to your list of Christmas sweets this year! Actually, every year do that.
Sharing with you my White Christmas Rocky Road! Taking 6 rocky road classic ingredients of white chocolate, coconut, cranberries, pistachios, macadamias and marshmallows, you’ll be ready to impress anyone with this delicious holiday snack!
I love how easy rocky road is to create and even better to enjoy. The final product may look difficult to master but actually, it’s far, far from that. It’s all made in your double boiler and then the longest part is the waiting time until you get to devour it. It has to set in the refrigerator for at least 1-3 hours, depending on your refrigerator and how humid or cold of a day it is where you live. I promise you that is the hardest part to this rocky road recipe.
This christmassy rocky road is certainly rich, indulgent and a little naughty, so pacing ourself is essential. It is holiday season after all and I truly believe it’s all about balance and as I mentioned, it’s Christmas, let’s have some fun!
White Christmas Rocky Road
- 400 g white chocolate broken into squares
- ⅓ cup desiccated coconut plus extra for topping
- ⅓ cup dried cranberries plus extra for topping
- ⅓ cup pistachios shells removed and roughly chopped
- ⅓ cup whole macadamias roughly chopped
- 100 g (1 cup) white marshmallows, chopped in half
- Line a loaf pan with parchment paper, set aside.
- Make a double boiler by filling a medium sized pot half way with water and place a medium-large sized heat-proof mixing bowl over the pot. Ensuring the base of the bowl doesn’t touch the water. Turn heat to medium to warm the water.
- Add broken down chocolate to the bowl and gently melt, stirring occasionally.
- Once chocolate is completely melted and smooth, reduce heat to low and stir through coconut.
- Add cranberries, pistachios and macadamias. Mix until well combined.
- Add marshmallows and mix until well combined.
- Remove from heat and pour into lined pan, spreading out evenly.
- Sprinkle over extra cranberries and coconut.
- Refrigerate for 1-3 hours or until completely hardened and set.
- Remove from pan and chop into squares.
- Serve and enjoy!
Did you make this recipe? Let me know!