Happy Tuesday! Want a way to brighten up your day? Nothing better than looking forward to super flavoursome and delicious dinner after a long day, introducing my Vegan Singapore Noddles! Where do I start? Let’s start with honesty, I had never made Singapore Noodles before this dish, shocker! I was always one to enjoy take-out Singapore Noodles, oh those were the days…
Thin rice noodles and stir fried veggies cooked in the best.sauce.ever.!! The sauce makes this entire dish, but doesn’t it always? This Singapore Noodle recipe is ridiculously easy to prepare and make, that just makes it even more appealing. I actually made this during the day, you know, to photograph in natural light and all and you couldn’t drag me away for the fry pan the noodles were in, they’re that addicting!
Anywho, these Singapore Noodles are completely gluten free and vegan, never say you can’t enjoy a tasty dish this plant based and gluten free, because you can! These noodles are bursting with flavour, colour and texture. Healthy is just the beginning!
These Singapore Noodles do have a bit of a kick to it (spicy-ness!) So if you’re sensitive to spice, just adjust the quantity of the spices in the recipe to suit you. Yes, everything I’ve said is true, so I hope you’re going to make this for your dinner tonight, enjoy!
- Noodles + Vegetables
- 200g thin rice noodles
- 1-2 tablespoon coconut oil
- 1 medium purple onion, peeled and diced
- 1 green capsicum, cut into short lengths
- ½ orange or yellow capsicum, cut into short lengths
- 1 cup purple cabbage, shredded
- 3 large spring onion stalks, trimmed and diced
- 4 medium asparagus stalks, trimmed and diced
- 1 cup vegetable broth
- ¼ cup soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon rice wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon sriracha
- 1 tablespoon ground turmeric
- 1 teaspoon curry powder
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- ½ teaspoon ground ginger
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- Cook rice noodles according to packet instructions. I heat a medium sized pot halfway up with water, bring to a boil, turn down low and add rice noodles. Stirring on low heat for 5 minutes until tender. Drain water and set aside.
- Heat 1 tablespoon oil in a large fry pan over high heat, add onion and sauté until translucent.
- Add another tablespoon of oil to pan, add all chopped vegetables and cook on medium heat until vegetables are tender.
- Meanwhile, begin sauce.
- In a medium sized mixing bowl, add all sauce ingredients and whisk together until well combined.
- Run rice noodles under hot water to loosen them, add noodles to vegetables and stir until well combined.
- Gradually pour sauce into pan, mixing well after each addition, cooking over low-medium heat.
- Once noodles have been heated through and vegetables are cooked, take off heat.
- Serve immediately.