This quick and easy nourishing bowl of vegetables is one dinner you’ll love to add to your weekly list. Most ingredients you will already have on hand and it’s so simple to prepare. Seasoned with classic soy sauce, sesame oil and ginger will allow your tastebuds to salivate before you even take your first bite. This recipe also makes for the best leftovers, enjoy!
Ginger Broccoli Tempeh Noodles
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- 1 medium red onion, peeled and roughly chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 cm piece fresh ginger, peeled and finely grated
- 1 large head (400g) broccoli, cut into florets
- 200 g plain tempeh, chopped into small cubes
- 170 g purple cabbage (approx. ¼ medium cabbage), roughly chopped
- 1 ½ tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 ½ teaspoon sesame oil
- ¼ teaspoon ground ginger
- Salt & pepper, to season
- ½ packet Thai style pad thai rice noodles, or vermicelli noodles
- 3 spring onion stalks, trimmed and diced
- Heat a large non-stick fry pan over medium heat. Add coconut oil and melt.
- Add onion and sauté until just translucent.
- Add garlic and ginger, cook for a further 1 minute until fragrant.
- Add broccoli florets and extra oil if needed to the pan. Cook broccoli until bright green and tender crisp.
- Add tempeh and cook for a further 3 minutes until cooked through.
- Stir through cabbage
- Add in soy sauce, sesame oil, ground ginger and season with salt and pepper. Mix well and reduce heat to low. Adjust seasoning of needed or if desired.
- Cook rice noodles according to packaged instructions.
- Ensure vegetable mixture is well heated through and seasonings have marinated into the vegetables. Remove from heat.
- Serve vegetables with rice noodles and sprinkle with spring onion.