I’ve always seen these super white, fresh looking bliss balls over Pinterest yet i had never attempted to make them myself. Of course i have made many bliss ball recipes but not ones that are pretty in white (oh they just look so magical don’t they?!). Introducing my Coconut Lemon Balls, a very simple and tasty treat for you to make. These beauties are gluten free and no bake. They came out exactly the way i pictured them!
Now we all love bliss balls but since they are so incredibly easy, you want them to be absolutely amazing right?! Only 5 ingredients and you will have yourself a batch of beautiful, fresh, light, delicious sweet treats! There is no chocolate in sight which is very very rare for me. After making these coconut lemon balls, my mum mentioned to me that chocolate on them would be fabulous! I 100% agree because when isn’t chocolate a good idea..? So i welcome you to add chocolate to your bliss balls if you desire. Dip them in melted chocolate, drizzle them in chocolate or completely coat them in melted chocolate, the options are endless! This is such a wonderful base coconut ball recipe with a touch of fresh lemon that it’s a great on-the-go snack idea and completely versitile! Now i did use honey in mine but if you want to make them completely vegan, just switch out the honey for maple syrup, simple as that!
All done in the processor = less cleaning = more eating time
As you probably know by now if you have followed my recipes for the past 6 months, i do enjoy using coconut water when i bake particular recipes. Why? Because it’s great! Whenever you see a recipe call for a little water, try coconut water for added nutrients and flavour, you won’t be disappointed. My personal favourite coconut water is from Cocobella. Organic and straight from the coconut with no added sugar or preservatives, yasss… that is what you want! Let me know how you go with these little bites of deliciousness, enjoy!Print
- 2 1/4 cups desiccated coconut
- Zest of 1 medium/large lemon
- Juice of half the lemon
- 2 Tbsp coconut cream, chilled
- 2 Tbsp coconut water or regular plain water
- 3 Tbsp maple syrup, or rice malt syrup or honey if not vegan
- Line a baking tray with parchment paper, set aside.
- Add all ingredients to a high-speed food processor.
- Pulse a couple of times to incorporate ingredients then process on high until well combined and mixture begins to stick together.
- Pick up approx. 1-2 Tbsp of mixture to create small round balls.
- Add more desiccated coconut if mixture doesn’t hold it’s shape when formed into balls.
- Place on prepared baking tray, continue with remaining mixture.
- Set in the refrigerator for 30 minutes.
- Serve and enjoy!
Store in an airtight container, refrigerated, for 1 week – 10 days. You may need to add more desiccated coconut to the mixture if the balls begin to fall apart and won’t stick together when forming into the balls.