There’s nothing like a heartwarming mug of goodness, especially during the holidays and when it’s a homemade latte that’s gingerbread flavoured. Oh yes, gingerbread my friends, that’s epic!
There are more ingredients in this latte than your average latte but I find that completely acceptable as you’re going to be replicating the flavour of gingerbread.
The toppings are also completely optional but highly recommended. I had a batch of my gingerbread men cookies already prepared, so I used those. This is my gingerbread cookie recipe, which you can make because duh, it’s Christmas! They’ll last you for over a week and you can top them on your gingerbread latte’s! The addition of the whip cream makes for a creamy and smooth texture. A dusting of cinnamon is the perfect finishing touch.
How will you enjoy your gingerbread latte? On those cosy evenings leading up to Christmas? Me too! Enjoy!Print
- Total Time: 10 minutes
- Yield: 2 1x
- 1 Tbsp blackstrap molasses
- 1 Tbsp maple syrup
- 1 tsp vanilla bean extract
- 1 tsp ground ginger
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- ¼ tsp ground nutmeg
- 1 ½ cups almond milk or milk of choice
- ¾ cup strongly brewed coffee
- ¼ cup whipped cream
- 2 tsp ground cinnamon, to dust
- Gingerbread men*
- In a small mixing bowl, combine molasses, maple syrup, vanilla, ginger, cinnamon and nutmeg. Mix until well combined.
- In a medium sized saucepan over a medium heat, add milk and then whisk through molasses mixture.
- Whilst milk is heating, prepare the ¾ cup of coffee and set aside.
- Once steam begins to come off the surface of the milk, reduce heat to low and stir through coffee. Heat through until desired drinking temperature.
- Remove from heat.
- Pour into coffee mugs and top each with whipped cream, a dusting of cinnamon and a gingerbread man.
- Serve and Enjoy!
*Make my gingerbread cookie recipe or use store-bought gingerbread men.
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 5 minutes
Did you make this recipe? Let me know!