Hello there friends! Long time no talk! If you’re wondering where I’ve been for the past week (which you probably haven’t, hehe), I’ve just been getting myself organised for a annual holiday. Yes, another holiday!
As I write this, I’m looking out on beautiful Lake Mulwala, on the Murray in country Victoria. Well technically, I’m in New South Whales as Mulwala is right on the VIC-NSW border. Anywho, my point being, is that I’ve prepared a bunch of recipes to share with you before I went away. So I took a week off to allow myself to get all the recipes I wanted to share with you in the next couple of weeks.
So let’s just get it kick-started with these absolutely divine Blueberry Chocolate Clusters! You’ll already be a fan of these if you enjoy those store-bought chocolate covered blueberries. I put my little twist on it and create clusters instead of individual chocolate coated blueberries. Not that outrages but hey, we are looking for simplicity here!!
With only 2 ingredients needed, plus a little salt if desired (truth bomb – I just added the salt for photography purposes, otherwise they would have just looked like a pile of *insert the poop emoji here*). The salt isn’t too bad actually, I used Himalayan pink salt as I didn’t have any big rock salt/sea salt on hand, the choice is yours!
All you got to do is melt down your dark chocolate over a double boiler and stir through your blueberries. Spoon out small clusters and set your tray of deliciousness in the refrigerator. Trust me, you’ll be snacking on these as soon as they’re set and ready!
I love making these blueberry chocolate clusters as they’re such a simple chocolate snack that don’t have any added refined sugar or nasties! I hope you enjoy them too!
- 200g dark chocolate, cooking or regular, I use Organic Times Dark Chocolate Drops
- 2 cups fresh blueberries
- 1/2 tsp sea salt of Himalayan pink salt
- Line a flat baking tray with parchment paper, set aside.
- In a double boiler, melt chocolate over medium heat. Stirring occasionally whilst it melts.
- Once completely melted, turn heat off.
- Gently stir through blueberries.
- Using a teaspoon, spoon out a small bundle of blueberries, allowing the excess chocolate to drip back into the bowl. Place it on the lined tray, ensuring the chocolate blueberries stay together in a cluster. Repeat this method with remaining mixture. NOTE: If there is still some chocolate left over and no blueberries, add a little more blueberries to use up the chocolate and create even more clusters!
- Place tray in the refrigerator until chocolate completely sets and hardens, approx. 1-2 hours.
- Optional: sprinkle clusters with salt or serve as is.
Store clusters in an airtight container, refrigerated, for 1 week.
- Prep Time: 10 mins
- Cook Time: 5 mins
- Category: Snack, Vegetarian, Gluten Free