I love rediscovering old classic and Coconut Roughs have been an all time favourite, simple, delicious and one of a kind. There is just something about the coconut rough flavour don’t you agree? A flavour you rarely taste with any other sweet treat, or maybe I’m just overthinking that a little! All you need is 4 ingredients too make these beauties and this recipe makes the perfect amount. By perfect amount I mean you can go to the refrigerator whenever you desire and grab one or two or three….
Coconut Rough is one my Mum and Dad’s most favourite chocolates out there. I remember going to a special lolly shop up in the hills when I was younger and we always purchased a large bag of coconut roughs. We liked to savour them because we seemed to only get them once in a blue moon, I guess thats why they’re such a novelty to me to have in the house. Such a simple chocolate to make yet it holds onto many memories for me.
If you’re like me and you like to have a tasty chocolate treat on hand that you can always reach for, these Coconut Roughs are a must have! You won’t even feel guilty because what is there to feel guilty about?! Well the chocolate I suppose but isn’t dark chocolate considered good for you?
I hope you have been enjoying the recipes coming your way over the past couple of weeks. I mentioned in an earlier post that I wanted to publish more recipes each week, I’ve been publishing 4 recipes per week and I’m having so much fun! I just love creating, photographing and sharing the recipes with you. Also, if you’re at all interested in watching what I get up to behind the scenes, I just got Snapchat! Woohoo! @whlsmpatisserie is my username! Hope to see you there whilst enjoying a batch of your own Coconut Roughs!
- 250g dark chocolate, broken into squares
- 60g coconut oil
- 1½ tsp vanilla
- 250g desiccated coconut
- Line a baking tray with parchment paper, set aside.
- In a double boiler over low-medium heat, melt chocolate and coconut oil together until smooth and shiny.
- Turn off heat and stir through vanilla.
- Add coconut in two batches, mixing well after each addition.
- Using a spoon, pick up 1-2 tablespoons of mixture, place on prepared tray and form into rounds. Repeat with remaining mixture.
- Refrigerate until set or place in the freezer to fasten up the setting process.
- Serve and Enjoy!