Everyones childhood favourite, chocolate crackles! These aren’t your regular, copha filled chocolate crackles, instead they’re filled with only 4 ingredients of dark chocolate, peanut butter (which is optional!), desiccated coconut and rice bubble cereal. Now that’s a delicious chocolate crackle recipe!
I’m going to be honest and let you know that I had never made my own batch of chocolate crackles, obviously before these delights. They were always given to us as a treat as children made by family. So when I decided to share a chocolate crackle recipe as part of Easter, I actually had to Google what was involved, HA! I couldn’t believe copha was used along with copious amount of added sugar, I just had zero idea what was actually in chocolate crackles. Since I don’t use copha, I wanted to create my own chocolate crackle recipe without copha or too much added sugar.
I remembered my chocolate spiders recipe and a light bulb went off, why not just take the concept of that recipe and add rice bubbles and a couple other classic chocolate crackle ingredients? Voila! Success! I hope you enjoy this seriously delightful and better for you chocolate crackle recipe!
Copha free, 4-ingredient chocolate crackle goodness. You’re welcome!
- 400 g dark baking chocolate, (broken into squares)
- 1 Tbsp peanut butter, (crunchy or smooth – omit for nut allergies or if not desired)
- 1/2 cup desiccated coconut
- 2 1/2 cups rice bubble cereal
- Mini cupcake cases
- Line a mini cupcake pan with mini cupcake cases. Alternatively, arrange mini cupcake cases on a baking tray or board. Set aside.
- Prepare a double boiler with a heat proof mixing bowl over simmering water.
- Add dark chocolate to the bowl and gently melt, stirring occasionally.
- Once melted, stir through peanut butter until well combined and melted through. Remove from heat.
- Stir through coconut.
- Gradually add rice bubbles, stirring well after each addition to coat well.
- Spoon mixture into cupcake cases, filling them up high! Or to desired size.
- Place in refrigerator for 1-2 hours or until completely set.
- Serve and enjoy!
Store in an airtight container, refrigerated, for 1 week – 10 days.
- Calories: 245
- Sugar: 8
- Sodium: 14
- Fat: 17
- Saturated Fat: 10
- Carbohydrates: 19
- Fiber: 4
- Protein: 3
- Cholesterol: 1