How great is quiche? I call this a savoury zucchini slice but it’s actually just my basic quiche recipe with a whole bunch of grated zucchini stirred through, how yummy does that sound?!
You will love how easy this zucchini slice is to make. It the perfect for those week night dinners when you have run out of time and have no idea what to make, you will most likely have all of these ingredients already in your home! It’s all done in one bowl! Perfect dinner if you ask me! Well except the sautéed onion but we will let that one slip 😉
This is a crustless quiche slice, the best kind! Yes the crust on quiche does add that extra crunch, texture and flavour but in terms of convince and ease, the crust-less kind is the underdog. Also, you can get really creative with your spices, herbs and veggies in your quiche if you would like. I also have this quiche recipe which has added tomatoes on top! Go wild, the more the merrier!
What are your favourite, quick go-to dinners? I hope to share many more with you. Recipes that aren’t too difficult, time consuming or require too many ingredients. Those are the recipes we keep going back too, back to basics I say!
I honestly cannot believe it’s already Wednesday! Didn’t we just have the weekend? Well it was Anzac day yesterday and when you have a public holiday on a Tuesday, it messes up the rest of the week, well the “feel of the week” know what I mean?! This simple zucchini slice is perfect for humpday though and a public holiday when you just cannot be bothered lifting a finger!
Oh did I even mention the leftovers??! It’s PERFECT!! Oven bake a bunch of hot chips and make yourself a side salad and you have yourself another brilliant, healthy and delicious meal! Enjoy!
- Sautéed Onion
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- 1 small red onion, peeled and diced
- 2 garlic cloves, peeled and minced
- Slice Mixture
- 4 eggs
- 1½ cups almond milk or any non-dairy milk of choice
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil, melted
- ½ cup gluten free self-raising flour or regular plain flour if preferred
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 large (2 cups worth) grated zucchini
- ½ cup grated cheese, dairy free if preferred
- Sautéed Onion
- Preheat oven to 180°C (350°F) and line a 9” x 9” square baking pan with parchment, set aside.
- Heat oil in a small pot over high heat, add diced onion and sauté until translucent. Add minced garlic and cook for a further 1 minute until fragrant. Remove from heat and set aside.
- Slice Mixture
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk together eggs and milk. Stir through melted coconut oil.
- Add flour and whisk until smooth and all lumps are gone. Season with salt and pepper, mix well.
- Stir through grated zucchini.
- Add grated cheese and stir through until well combined.
- Pour mixture into prepared pan.
- Bake for 35-45 minutes or until lightly golden and the centre has set. Test with a skewer, if it comes out clean, it’s ready.
- Remove slice from oven and serve immediately. Or let sit in pan for 5-10 minutes, remove and store for later.
To test if the quiche is ready, make sure it no longer wobbles in the centre, then you can remove it from the oven, this means the egg has set.
Did you make this recipe? Let me know!