Created in one bowl, under 10-ingredients and the result is a smooth and creamy pasta that is incredibly morish! This would have to be the tastiest homemade pasta with the easiest method I have made.
- 1 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 large red onion, peeled and roughly chopped
- 3 large cloves garlic, peeled and minced, may also use garlic powder – 1 tsp
- 1 x 400g can diced tomatoes
- 1 small carrot, grated
- 1 x 350g packet spiral pasta (regular or gluten free), I use this gluten free one
- 3 cups vegetable stock, plus extra if needed
- Salt and pepper, to season
- Fresh basil leaves, to serve
- You will need a large fry pan, big enough to cook pasta, or you might want to use a pot. I just used a regular fry pan.
- Put it over a medium-high heat and add the oil.
- Add chopped onion and sauté until translucent then stir through garlic. Cook for a further 2 minutes.
- Pour in canned tomatoes followed by the grated carrot and season with salt and pepper. Mix it altogether.
- Add pasta to the pan and stir it through the tomatoes.
- Pour in vegetable stock, you want it to just cover the pasta. You might add more stock later.
- Cook on high heat and bring to a boil.
- Once boiling, reduce heat to medium. You want a slow boil not a rapid boil but not simmering.
- If you have a lid for your pan, cover pasta and stir occasionally. It will take about 10 minutes for the pasta to cook, also depending on what pasta you’re using.
- If the pasta has soaked up most of the liquid but the pasta hasn’t yet cooked, add a little more stock at a time.
- Once pasta is soft and mixture is creamy, remove from heat.
- Serve with fresh basil leaves, cheese if desired and enjoy!
- Store leftovers in an airtight container, refrigerated, for 2-3 days.
- Prep Time: 10min
- Cook Time: 15min