Throwing it back with this Honey’d Cornflake Chocolate Slice this week because we are all in the need for some deliciousness correct? Do you remember those honey cornflake cups called honey joys?? Instantly remind me of my childhood because we lived of these beauties! Well I say “lived” off them but we didn’t really, but we did have many of them throughout our running around the sandpit days.
Time for an upgrade? I think yes! Introducing chocolate to honey joys is just too good to be true but I kid you not, these taste a-maz-zing! *insert love heart eyes emoji here* and transformed into a slice, absolute beauty! I don’t need to say it but you already know that I’ve been snacking on this all week long because really what else is there to do when you have a unbelievably scrumptious honey cornflake chocolate slice in your fridge? Well least that’s what I’m doing!
Let’s get into the nitty gritty details. The base is pretty simple, under 10 ingredients, one bowl, bake and you good! Let that base take a chill session out on your counter and when it’s decided to cool the hell down, you can go ahead and pour that amazeballs chocolate icing over that bad boy. It’s getting real here isn’t it…. because as I said, this cornflake slice is addicting! Let that inner child of yours out, let it loose as a goose! But keep that slice for yourself, or you will.never.see.it.again!
- 1½ cups cornflakes
- ½ cup coconut sugar
- 1 tablespoon cacao powder
- 1 cup almond meal
- 1½ teaspoon baking powder
- 100g coconut oil, melted
- 4 tablespoon organic honey
- Chocolate Icing
- 1 cup icing sugar
- 2-3 tablespoon cacao powder
- 2-4 tablespoon water
- Preheat oven to 180ºC (356ºF) and line a 9” x 9” square tin with parchment paper, set aside.
- In a mixing bowl, combine all base ingredients, mix until well combined.
- Press into prepared tin.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes or until golden and edges are browned.
- Remove and set aside, do not remove from tin.
- Chocolate Icing
- In a small mixing bowl, combine all icing ingredients until desired icing consistency.
- Pour icing over base, spreading out evenly with a spatula.
- Set in refrigerator for 30 minutes - 1 hour or until icing is set.
- Remove from tin, cut into squares.
- Serve and Enjoy!
The base will be puffy and soft when removed from the oven, it will harden when it begins to cool.