A glorious bowl of warm porridge sweetened with honey and served with fresh figs, chia and sunflower seeds. This quick and easy method will have you excited to get up and ready to make your bowl of porridge in the morning. If figs are in season where you live, they’re a beautiful accompaniment with the honey and the creamy warm oats.
- 1 cup (110g) rolled oats
- 2 cups (500ml) milk of choice, I use almond
- 1/2 Tbsp honey, plus extra for topping
- 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/2 Tbsp sunflower seeds
- 1 tsp chia seeds
- 1–2 fresh figs, halved or quartered
- Half this recipe for 1 serve or this will be enough to serve 2.
- Add oats to a medium sized pot and pour over milk. Place over a high heat and bring to a boil, whilst mixing.
- Once boiling, cook oats for 3-4 minutes until softened or according to the packet instructions you’re using, giving the oats a mix whilst cooking.
- Once cooked, turn off heat and stir through honey and cinnamon to sweeten, adding more or less of the honey if desired.
- Pour porridge into a serving bowl/s.
- Sprinkle over the chia and sunflower seeds.
- Place on fresh figs and drizzle over some more honey.
- Serve and enjoy!
- Prep Time: 5min
- Cook Time: 5min