Who enjoys a cup of chai? If that’s you, then you’ll have to check out these delicious Chai Spiced Cookies!
Made with classic chai spices, these cookies will warm your soul paired with your favourite hot beverage, sounds pretty delightful doesn’t it?
In these cookies I included:
I didn’t want to overload this recipe with many ingredients so kept it classic and simple. These cookies are also completely gluten free (if you still choose to use gluten free flour) and dairy free.
Now let’s get baking!
- 1½ cups gluten free all purpose flour, I use ‘Bob’s Red Mill Gluten Free 1-1 Baking Flour'
- 1 tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp baking soda
- 1½ tsp ground cinnamon
- 1½ tsp ground cardamom
- ½ tsp allspice
- ¼ tsp ground ginger
- ¼ tsp ground cloves
- Small pinch of pink salt
- ½ cup coconut oil, room temperature
- ¾ cup coconut sugar
- 1 large egg, room temperature
- 1 tsp vanilla bean extract
- Preheat oven to 180ºC (356ºF). Line a baking tray with parchment paper, set aside.
- Combine flour, baking powder and baking soda together in a small mixing bowl, mix well.
- To the flour, add all spices and the salt, mix well and set aside.
- Using a hand mixer or a stand mixer fitted with the whisk attachment, whisk together coconut oil and coconut sugar in a large mixing bowl until well combined and smooth, approx. 1 minute.
- Add egg and vanilla, whisk until light, fluffy and smooth.
- Gradually add in flour mixture, whisking well until it begins to form a soft dough.
- Using your hands, form into a smooth dough then wrap in cling film and refrigerate for 15 minutes.
- Remove from refrigerator and form into balls/cookies. Approx. 2 tablespoons worth each. Place onto prepared tray, pressing down on them slightly. Leaving 2 inches between each cookie as they do spread.
- Bake for 7-9 minutes or until lightly golden.
- Remove and cool on tray for 10 minutes.
- Transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.
- Serve and Enjoy!