Classic Gluten Free Pancakes! Picture this, waking up on a Sunday morning and ready to make a batch of wholesome homemade blueberry pancakes. You gather your 9 ingredients including fresh blueberries and heat up your fry pan. You’re left with scrumptious, fluffy, maple syrup soaked blueberry pancakes. How GOOD is that?!
This is a recipe for your classic pancakes but they’re made using gluten free flour. If you wish to use regular flour for your batch, you most definitely can! This is an easy switch within this recipe.
Now the blueberries in these pancakes are also optional but I didn’t mention this in the recipe because I think you need to add them for 100% guaranteed deliciousness! They offer your fluffy pancakes a burst of sweetness, it’s the best! Also a magic ingredient is the vanilla, this really is the cherry on top. I hope you enjoy these pancakes over your weekend and many more to come xPrint
Fluffy golden and bursting with blueberries! Made using gluten free flour, your new perfect Sunday morning breakfast!
- 2 Tbsp (30g) unsalted butter, melted, or coconut oil for dairy free
- 1 cup (150g) gluten free plain all purpose flour
- 2 tsp (7g) baking powder
- Pinch of salt
- 3/4 cup (180ml) milk, or dairy free milk
- 1 large egg (approx. 55g), lightly beaten
- 1 Tbsp (20g) maple syrup
- 1 tsp (5g) vanilla extract
- 1 punnet fresh blueberries, may also use frozen blueberries
- Melt butter first and set aside to cool slightly.
- In a large mixing bowl, add flour, baking powder and salt. Whisk until well combined.
- Pour in the milk, beaten egg, maple syrup, vanilla and the melted butter. Using a wooden spoon or spatula, gently mix everything together until just combined, ensuring not to over-mix.
- Heat a non-stick fry pan over medium heat. Melt a little butter or coconut oil in the pan.
- Using a 1/4 cup measuring cup or ladle, scoop up the batter and pour into hot pan, spreading it out quickly with a spoon or small spatula, making it a larger pancake.
- Place desired amount of blueberries on top.
- Cook for 1-2 minutes, until small bubbles begin to appear on top or until they look puffed up. Gently flip over and cook for a further 1-2 minutes or until cooked through. Repeat this process with remaining batter.
- Serve with more fresh blueberries and maple syrup.
- Prep Time: 15min
- Cook Time: 5 min