Fluffy golden and bursting with blueberries! Made using gluten free flour, your new perfect Sunday morning breakfast!
- 2 Tbsp (30g) unsalted butter, melted, or coconut oil for dairy free
- 1 cup (150g) gluten free plain all purpose flour
- 2 tsp (7g) baking powder
- Pinch of salt
- 3/4 cup (180ml) milk, or dairy free milk
- 1 large egg (approx. 55g), lightly beaten
- 1 Tbsp (20g) maple syrup
- 1 tsp (5g) vanilla extract
- 1 punnet fresh blueberries, may also use frozen blueberries
- Melt butter first and set aside to cool slightly.
- In a large mixing bowl, add flour, baking powder and salt. Whisk until well combined.
- Pour in the milk, beaten egg, maple syrup, vanilla and the melted butter. Using a wooden spoon or spatula, gently mix everything together until just combined, ensuring not to over-mix.
- Heat a non-stick fry pan over medium heat. Melt a little butter or coconut oil in the pan.
- Using a 1/4 cup measuring cup or ladle, scoop up the batter and pour into hot pan, spreading it out quickly with a spoon or small spatula, making it a larger pancake.
- Place desired amount of blueberries on top.
- Cook for 1-2 minutes, until small bubbles begin to appear on top or until they look puffed up. Gently flip over and cook for a further 1-2 minutes or until cooked through. Repeat this process with remaining batter.
- Serve with more fresh blueberries and maple syrup.
- Prep Time: 15min
- Cook Time: 5 min