These gluten free and vegan chocolate cookies are soft, fudgy and most importantly, healthified and scrumptious! Baked with whole pecans and decorated with melted dairy free dark chocolate, talk about YUM!
I wanted to create a cookie recipe for you that is completely free from gluten, dairy and eggs. This is because I receive messages and comments from you guys on my Instagram about a good egg replacer or what can you substitute eggs for in one of my recipes. These choc pecan cookies require zero eggs! You don’t even have to think, purchase or create an egg replacer with this recipe. Because sometimes trying to replace eggs in a baked recipe is harder than it is and you aren’t guaranteed they will even turn out like the original recipe.
The cookies are created with 10-ingredients, 1 mixing bowl and a small pot.
Their texture is:
Fudgy brownie like
Crunch from the pecan
Enjoy these cookies, because they’re for all my lovely and wonderful vegan and gluten free friends on here!Print
Vegan & Gluten Free Chocolate Pecan Cookies! Fudgy, soft and healthy. Created with 10-ingredients!
- Wet Ingredients
- ¾ cup (220g) almond butter
- ¼ cup (65g) coconut oil
- ¼ cup (5 Tbsp) milk of choice, I use almond
- 1 tsp vanilla bean extract
- Dry Ingredients
- 1 ½ cups (240g) gluten free all-purpose plain flour
- ½ cup (60g) cocoa powder
- ⅓ cup (55g) coconut sugar
- 1 tsp (5g) baking powder
- 1 cup whole pecans
- 50g dairy free dark chocolate, melted
- Preheat oven to 180ºC (356ºF). Line a large flat baking tray with parchment paper, set aside.
- In a small pot add almond butter and coconut oil. Place over a low-medium heat and gently melt together. Stirring occasionally with a wooden spoon until smooth and well combined. It’s ok if there is still some small lumps of almond butter in the mixture.
- Once melted and smooth, remove from heat and set aside to cool slightly.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine all dry ingredients, whisk until well combined.
- Make a well in the middle and pour in slightly cooled almond butter mixture, followed by the milk and vanilla.
- Mix together with a wooden spoon until it forms a soft dough and everything is well combined, you may want to use your hands for this step.
- Pick up approx. ½ tablespoon worth of dough and roll into a ball. Flatten the ball into a disc using the palms of your hands. Place on lined baking tray.
- Repeat above method with remaining dough.
- Place one whole pecan in the middle of each cookie, pressing into the cookie slightly.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes until the edges turn a touch darker and the cookies come away from the parchment paper.
- Cool on tray for 5 minutes.
- Transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.
- Once cookies have cooled, drizzle each with melted dark chocolate. Allow to set.
- Serve and enjoy!
Store in an airtight container, in the pantry, for 1 week.
- Prep Time: 20min
- Cook Time: 15min