The holiday season calls for endless amount of homemade hot cocoa! It doesn’t matter where you live in the world, if you’re a lover of hot chocolate, then you will enjoy hot chocolates no matter the weather!
I live in Australia and our Christmas season is hot hot hot! The depths of summer is when we celebrate the festive season and I absolutely love it. So you would think that I would be staying away from hot beverages but I don’t 🙂 especially those balmy evenings, hot cocoa in hand or even an iced cocoa, is just delightful.
This hot cocoa I’m sharing with you today is infused with peppermint and cinnamon. Strange combo? Yeah I thought so too before I tried it but it’s actually really tasty. Both the peppermint and cinnamon aren’t strong of overpowering, so it doesn’t turn into an acquired taste. You can most definitely still taste the chocolate flavour most prominently. The hint of peppermint and cinnamon together just screams fun festive times.
If desired, you can serve your hot cocoa’s with mini marshmallows and a dusting of cocoa powder. Get the kids and the entire family involved!
P.S. If you would like to turn these hot cocoa’s into adult hot cocoa’s, simply add 1-2 tablespoons of rum when you add in the peppermint 😉Print
Peppermint & Cinnamon Hot Cocoa! Infused with peppermint essential oil and ground cinnamon! Serve with mini marshmallows and cocoa powder. For you adults, turn this into a nightcap by simply adding rum!
- 2 cups almond milk or milk of choice
- 4 Tbsp dark chocolate chips
- 2 Tbsp cocoa powder
- 2 tsp coconut sugar or sugar of choice
- 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 drops peppermint essential oil, I use Young Living
- To Serve
- Mini marshmallows
- Cocoa powder
- In a medium sized saucepan over medium heat, combine milk, chocolate chips, cocoa, sugar, cinnamon and vanilla. Whisk to combine well.
- Heat over a medium heat until steam begins to come off the surface or until desired drinking temperature, not boiling.
- Remove from heat and whisk through the peppermint oil. Add more or less peppermint depending on your desired strength.
- Pour into serving mugs.
- If desired, top with marshmallows and dusting of cocoa powder.
- Serve and Enjoy!
Want to turn this hot cocoa into a night cap? Adults only, simply add 1-2 tablespoons of rum when you whisk through the peppermint!