Happy Friday Friends!
So ever since I shared my Chocolate + Peanut Butter Crisp Bark with you a few week ago (you guys absolutely LOVE that recipe) I’ve been racking my brain on how to create another similar recipe to that one, because we can never have enough delicious bark/slice options can we?
I realised you really appreciate the simple, quick recipes but they don’t compromise flavour. You also told me how great the thinner slices are, that’s why I refer to them as “bark”. Although not a traditional chocolate bark, they’re a thin slice recipe but you can enjoy and eat it as a bark! So we’re gonna roll with that!
For this recipe, I decided on a base that is inspired by raw chocolate cookie dough, who can say no to that? The topping, well the topping is my FAVOURITE part and I’m sure you’re pretty excited about it also! Here we go…
Melted Dark Chocolate
Crunchy Peanut Butter
Can you tell I’m excited about those rice puffs? Because it’s exactly like chocolate crackles but we’re taking it next level. The hint of peanut butter adds a slight depth and brings all the flavours together. The coconut oil thins it out a little and offers a softer texture so it’s much easier for you to bite into, as hardened melted chocolate can sometimes be a little too hard, we don’t want a broken tooth now!
So when do you plan on whipping up a batch of this? Over the weekend? I thought so! ENJOY!
- 1½ cups almond meal
- 4 Tbsp cocoa powder
- ½ cup almond butter or cashew butter
- 5 Tbsp maple syrup
- 1½ tsp vanilla bean extract
- 200g dark chocolate chips or dark chocolate block, if using a block - roughly chop
- 1 Tbsp coconut oil
- 1 Tbsp crunchy peanut butter
- 1½ cups rice puffs
- Line a 9” x 12“ rectangle baking pan with parchment paper, set aside.
- In a high-speed food processor, add all base ingredients. Pulse until well combined and mixture resembles a soft dough.
- Press base mixture into lined pan, creating an even layer.
- Place in the refrigerator to firm up.
- Half fill a small pot with water and put over a medium heat.
- Place a medium-large heat proof bowl over the pot.
- Add chocolate and coconut oil into the bowl and gently melt it down, stirring occasionally until completely melted and smooth.
- Remove chocolate from heat and stir through peanut butter until well combined.
- Pour in rice puffs and mix until they’re completely coated in the chocolate.
- Remove base from refrigerator and pour chocolate crackle mixture over the top, spreading out evenly.
- Refrigerate for a further 30 minutes - 1 hour or until chocolate topping is completely set.
- Lift out from pan and slice into long bark pieces or slices/squares.