So this is the first time I’m sharing a gluten free bread recipe with you, a gluten free bread roll recipe at that, excited?! I got this recipe from Pete Evans from The Paleo Way. We followed along with his recipe and they turned out perfectly that it would be a crime if I didn’t share it with all of you, if you aren’t already following Pete, like who isn’t?!
These bread rolls will blow your mind because they’re so simple to prepare and they turn out like those perfect gluten free bread rolls you’re craving. If you live a gluten free lifestyle and you’re still on the hunt for a successful gluten free bread roll recipe (we have all been there) well I highly recommend that you give this recipe a try for yourself.
Not only are they easy for you make, they’re also filled with nourishing ingredients such as psyllium husks, chia seeds, flaxseeds, pumpkin seeds and sesame seeds, just to name a few. Did I mention these are also 100% paleo? Of course they’re! Because they come from the Chef Paleo Pete! Thanks Pete!
What else is there to say about gluten free bread rolls?? Other than for me to tell you to make them and consume them right away!! This recipe makes 6 regular sized bread rolls, you can easily make them bigger or smaller, whatever bread roll size you desire, you decide! Enjoy!
- 1 cup (70g) psyllium husks
- ½ cup (70g) coconut flour
- 3 Tbsp chia seeds
- 3 Tbsp flaxseeds
- ¼ cup (30g) pumpkin seeds
- 3 Tbsp sesame seeds
- ¼ cup (30g) sunflower seeds
- 1 Tbsp coconut sugar
- 2½ tsp baking powder
- 1½ tsp salt
- 450ml water
- 1 Tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 3 eggs
- 2 Tbsp coconut oil, melted
- Preheat oven to 180ºC (356ºF) and line a baking tray with parchment paper, set aside.
- In a high-speed food processor place psyllium husks, coconut flour, chia seeds, flaxseeds, pumpkin seeds, sesame seeds and sunflower seeds and process until seeds are finely chopped.
- Pour chopped seeds into a large mixing bowl, add coconut sugar, baking powder and salt, mix well.
- In a separate small mixing bowl, whisk together water, apple cider vinegar and eggs until smooth.
- Add the vinegar and egg mixture to the dry mixture along with the coconut oil, mix everything until it forms a wet dough, this will take a few moments for the dough to begin to form.
- Prepare a lightly floured board and knead dough for 1 minute.
- Divide dough into 6 portions, roll into balls.
- Place rolls on prepared tray, 2 inches apart, leaving room for spreading.
- Bake for 50 minutes - 1 hour, rotating tray halfway through to ensure even cooking.
- Check to see if the rolls are ready by tapping the base of one roll, if it sounds hollow, remove them from the oven.
- Cook rolls further if they still sound dense and heavy inside.
- Cool on tray for 5 minutes.
- Transfer to a wire rack to cool completely or serve them up warm.