Vegan & Gluten Free Chocolate Chip Muffins! Homemade fluffy goodness! Free from gluten, dairy and eggs! These muffins are rich, chocolatey and incredibly simple to make. You only need one bowl to prepare these, yes that’s right, just one bowl!
Bake these at the beginning of your week because they make a wonderful sweet snack, a perfect recipe to add to your Sunday bake day. Enjoy friends! xPrint
One bowl rich chocolatey goodness! Homemade healthy muffins make for the perfect daily snack!
- 1/4 cup (60g) coconut oil, melted
- 1 1/4 cups (180g) gluten free plain all purpose flour
- 1/3 cup (30g) cocoa powder (not dutch processed cocoa powder)
- 1 tsp (3g) baking powder
- 1 tsp (5g) baking soda
- 1/3 cup (60g) coconut sugar, or light brown sugar
- 1 cup (270g) unsweetened apple sauce
- 1/4 cup (60g) almond milk, or dairy free milk of choice
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup (100g) dark chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 170ºC (340ºC). Line a 12-hole muffin pan with muffin patty pans, set aside.
- Melt coconut oil first and set aside to cool slightly.
- In a large mixing bowl, sift flour, cocoa, baking powder and baking soda together.
- Stir through sugar.
- Pour in apple sauce, milk, vanilla and the melted coconut oil. Gently mix together with a spatula or wooden spoon, until a soft and smooth batter forms, ensuring not to over-mix.
- Add chocolate chips and fold through until combined.
- Spoon batter into prepared muffin pan. Filling each 3/4 of the way full. This recipe makes 10-12 muffins.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the middle comes out clean.
- Remove from oven and cool in pan for 5 minutes.
- Transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.
- Serve and enjoy!
Store in an airtight container, in the pantry, for 3-4 days.
- Prep Time: 15min
- Cook Time: 25min