Smashed Basil Peas with Greek Yoghurt! *drooling* how about you?
Indulge in this perfect brunch combo and easy to put together meal. Fresh and healthy never tasted so good in the morning! If you’re more of a lunch kinda person, you can also enjoy it then too! This is a nice change from your typical smashed avocado on toast. The longer downside is waiting for your frozen peas to thaw out! If you find yourself some fresh peas though, then you’ll be able to whip this up in no time! I suggest pre-planning your delicious meal and thaw your peas overnight so when you wake up, you know you’re going to devour the best toast ever!!
If you’re dairy free and don’t have any desire in using greek yoghurt, you can go ahead and use a dairy free alternative such as plain dairy free yoghurt. If your dairy free yoghurt is a little on the sweet side, try adding a teaspoon of less of apple cider vinegar and some fresh lemon juice, YUM!
Hope you enjoy this tasty brunch feast and just look at those beautiful micro herbs!!
- 1 cup frozen peas, thawed
- 5 medium-large fresh basil leaves, finely chopped
- Himalayan pink salt and cracked black pepper, to taste
- 2 pieces gluten free bread or bread of choice
- Store-bought greek yoghurt
- Fresh assorted micro herbs
- Once peas have completely thawed, add to a small mixing bowl and smash the peas with a fork or potato masher. They don’t have to be completely mashed.
- Stir through finely chopped basil leaves, salt and pepper. Mix well and set aside.
- Toast bread.
- Spread desired amount of greek yoghurt over each piece of toast and spoon over smashed pea mixture.
- Top with micro herbs.
- Serve and enjoy!
Did you make this recipe? Let me know!