Crispy, golden roasted mini hasselback potatoes, now these will make the most perfect side dish to enjoy with your Christmas lunch or dinner don’t you think?
Potatoes are a must at Christmas time because they always compliment the main course and everyone always digs into the potatoes first! I love love love crispy roasted potatoes and keeping them mini is another great way to feed a bunch of Christmas Day guests as you can make a big batch of them. You can also show off your cooking and cutting skills when making hasselback potatoes and your guests will think you’re a superstar! Now that sounds enticing doesn’t it 😉
These mini hasselback’s are coated in an extra virgin olive oil gaze that’s been infused with fresh rosemary, minced garlic, lemon, cumin, salt and pepper. This simple yet flavoursome glazed allows these potatoes to shine and be an absolute winner! Plus those slits where you sliced through the potatoes, they crispy up all golden and then they reveal the soft velvety smooth potato inside, are you salivating already?!
What are some of your favourite vegetarian, plant based side dishes to serve during Christmas? It’s such a wonderful time of year to showcase your cooking skills isn’t it? I just love to watch my family and friends enjoy all the dishes, it really makes all your hard work worth it.
Making a batch of hasselback potatoes is also great for us vegetarians and vegans to devour when there is quite a lot of meat on offer at the table. I remember Christmas one year where all I ate was crispy potatoes and salad. That’s why I’m offering you a lot more plant based and vegetarian savoury and sweet Christmas recipes for you here on my blog. So you won’t get stuck for ideas. I hope you enjoy these wonderfully delicious mini hasselback potatoes!
- 10-12 small white potatoes, washed
- Rosemary + Garlic Glaze
- ¼ cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 2 Tbsp fresh rosemary, roughly chopped
- 1 tsp lemon zest
- ½ tsp fresh lemon juice
- ¼ tsp ground cumin
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 200ºC (390ºF).
- Cut slits through potatoes widthways, making sure not to cut all the through.
- Place potatoes in a large baking/roasting pan.
- In a small bowl, mix together all glaze ingredients.
- Brush oil mixture over each potato, letting the oil drip through slits. Save some oil mixture for basting later.
- Roast potatoes for 45-50 minutes, basting each potato with oil mixture half way through roasting.
- Once potatoes are crispy, golden and slits have separated slightly, remove from oven.
- Serve and enjoy!