Pumpkin Seed Chocolate Chip Brownies
- Total Time: 50 minutes
- Yield: 16 square brownies 1x
A delicious batch of rich chocolate brownies topped with pumpkin seeds! This brownie is created in one bowl with 10-ingredients. A scrumptious brownie recipe that is certainly a crowd pleaser!
- 170g unsalted butter, melted
- ¾ cup (150g) raw or white granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs, at room temperature (each weighing approx. 55g in shell)
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- ½ cup (75g) plain all purpose flour
- ⅔ cup (60g) dutch process cocoa powder or unsweetened natural cocoa powder
- Pinch of salt
- 1 Tbsp milk
- ½ cup (100g) dark chocolate chips
- ¼ cup (40g) pumpkin/pepitas seeds
- Preheat oven to 160ºC (325ºC). Line a 9” inch x 9” inch square baking pan with parchment paper, set aside.
- Add melted butter to large mixing bowl. Add sugar and whisk together for 1 minute until well combined.
- Add eggs and vanilla. Whisk until well combined.
- Sift over flour and cocoa. Add salt and milk. Mix with a spatula or wooden spoon until just incorporated.
- Fold in chocolate chips until just combined, ensuring not to over-mix batter. The mixture will be quite thick.
- Transfer batter into lined square pan. Smooth out the top.
- Sprinkle over pumpkin seeds.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes until top is just set and a toothpick inserted into the middle comes out with a few crumbs on it. Ensure not to over-bake. If it looks underdone, that’s ok, this will achieve a soft middle and it will continue to cook in the pan whilst it’s cooling.
- Remove from oven and allow to cool in pan for 15 minutes.
- Lift out of pan and transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.
- Slice into squares and enjoy!
- Store in an airtight container, in a dark dry pantry, for 4-5 days. Transfer them to the fridge after a few days if needed to keep them fresh.
- Prep Time: 20min
- Cook Time: 30min
Did you make this recipe? Let me know!