One Bowl Strawberry & Poppy Seed Muffins! These delightful homemade muffins are bursting with diced strawberries and a slight crunch thanks to the poppy seeds.
Which you’ll also find in my poppy seed orange cake!
A combination of apple sauce and yoghurt makes these soft, moist and incredibly morish!
Easy done in one bowl and no special equipment or machinery required. Bake fresh so you can enjoy for an afternoon tea or breakfast. They also make a perfect addition to any lunch box!Print
These delightful homemade muffins are bursting with diced strawberries and a slight crunch thanks to the poppy seeds. A combination of apple sauce and yoghurt makes these soft, moist and incredibly morish!
- 125g (approx. 3/4 cup) salted butter, melted
- 1 1/2 cups (225g) plain all purpose flour, use gluten free plain all purpose flour if preferred
- 1 tsp (3g) baking powder
- 1 tsp (7g) baking soda
- 1/2 cup (100g) raw granulated sugar
- 1 Tbsp (12g) poppy seeds
- 1/2 cup (140g) apple sauce, at room temperature
- 1/2 cup (140g) greek yoghurt or plain yoghurt, at room temperature
- 1 large egg (approx. 65g with shell), at room temperature
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2/3 cup (100g) diced fresh strawberries
- Preheat oven to 170ºC (340ºC). Line a 12-hole muffin pan with muffin patty pans, set aside.
- Melt butter first and set aside to cool slightly.
- In a large mixing bowl, sift flour, baking powder and baking soda together.
- Stir through sugar and poppy seeds.
- Pour in apple sauce, yoghurt, egg, vanilla and melted butter. Gently mix together with a spatula or wooden spoon, until just combined. Ensuring not to over-mix, it’s ok if there’s still pockets of flour throughout the batter at this point.
- Add diced strawberries and fold through until combined and dispersed.
- Spoon batter into prepared muffin pan. Filling each 3/4 of the way full.
- Bake for 18-20 minutes or until lightly golden and a toothpick inserted into the middle of one muffin comes out clean.
- Remove from oven and cool in pan for 5 minutes.
- Transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.
- Serve and enjoy!
Store in an airtight container, in the pantry, for 3-4 days.
- Prep Time: 15min
- Cook Time: 20min