Homemade Almond Milk with Cinnamon! Now the cinnamon in this nut milk is completely optional but it sure does give another level of deliciousness to this almond goodness. If you think you have lost all hope in finding a good diy almond milk recipe, I assure you, you have not after you make this.
This recipe makes 1 litre of milk, perfect for the next 4-5 days when kept in the refrigerator. You can also double the recipe to make 2 litres. Even add the cinnamon to one batch and keep the second make plain almond.
It’s crucial that you use a nut milk bag or a piece of muslin cloth or a fine weave thin tea towel. This is to ensure you don’t get any of the almond pulp making it’s way into your creamy strained milk.
Are you ready to make homemade almond milk?! Let’s go!Print
Now the cinnamon in this nut milk is completely optional but it sure does give another level of deliciousness to this almond goodness. If you think you have lost all hope in finding a good diy almond milk recipe, I assure you, you have not after you make this.
- 1 cup raw almonds, soaked in water overnight
- 5 cups filtered water or coconut water
- Pinch of coarse Celtic sea salt or regular sea salt
- 1 large medjool date, pit removed or 2 large pitted dates
- 1 tsp vanilla bean extract
- 1 drop cinnamon bark essential oil or a pinch of ground cinnamon, optional
- Add almonds to a bowl and cover with water, cover the top with a tea towel and set aside to soak overnight.
- Drain the almonds then add to a high speed blender.
- Pour in 5 cups of filtered water, if your blender isn’t big enough, you can do this in 2 batches by halving the almonds and blend each batch with 2 1/2 cups of the filtered water.
- Blend on high speed for 2 minutes.
- Place a nut milk bag, a fine muslin cloth or a fine weave/light tea towel over a large bowl.
- Pour milk into the cloth. Carefully pick up all corners of the cloth to enclose the milk inside. Then strain the milk through the cloth into the bowl.
- Pour into a large glass jar with an airtight lid.
- Store in the refrigerator or 4-5 days. The milk will begin to separate in the fridge just be sure to give it a little shake before using it.
- Prep Time: 15min