Gluten Free Chocolate Chunk Cookies! These cookies are your classic crisp on the outside, soft and gooey on the inside kind of cookie. With soft and melty chocolate chunks throughout!
These cookies use under 10-ingredients along with a simple method. No chilling of your cookie dough either! Tip: to ensure your cookies aren’t tall fluffy, be sure to follow the steps in the instructions where you will be tapping the baking tray on your bench top during baking and after baking. This will help deflate your cookies to get that perfect texture.
Enjoy![embedyt] https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oSF5a9Cu7SA[/embedyt] Print
These cookies are your classic crisp on the outside, soft and gooey on the inside kind of cookie. With soft and melty chocolate chunks throughout!
- 1 ½ cups (225g) gluten free plain all purpose flour, I use a store bought blend of maize (corn), tapioca, rice & vegetable gums.
- 1 tsp (3g) baking powder
- ½ tsp (4g) baking soda
- 80g butter (½ cup) salted butter, softened to room temperature
- ½ cup (115g) raw granulated sugar
- ¼ cup (40g) light brown sugar, can also use coconut sugar
- 1 large egg (approx. 65g with shell), at room temperature
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- ½ cup (80g) roughly chopped dark chocolate block of choice, I use Cadbury baking chocolate or Lindt. You may also use dark chocolate chips instead of the block
- Preheat oven to 180ºC (356ºF). Line a large baking tray with parchment paper, set aside.
- In a small mixing bowl, add flour, baking powder and baking soda. Whisk together and set aside.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer or a large mixing bowl, add softened butter and both sugars.
- Beat butter and sugars together for 1 minute until well combined and soft, scraping down the sides as needed.
- Add egg and vanilla, beat until well combined and creamy. Scraping down the sides as needed.
- Add all the flour mixture and beat until a soft dough forms.
- Add chocolate chunks (or chips if using) and beat until combined and dispersed through the dough.
- Roll dough into 1 tablespoon size balls (weighing approx. 30g each). Place on lined baking tray 3 inches apart to allow for spreading (see above photo on tray). Do not flatten the balls.
- Push a few extra chocolate chunks/chips into each ball if desired, ensuring not to flatten them in any way when doing so.
- Bake for 9 minutes. Remove pan from the oven and tap the tray on your bench top or a wooden board 3 times to flatten the cookies a little. Immediately return to the oven with the tray rotated from the original way you had it. Bake for a further 3 minutes or until the cookies turn lightly golden around the edges and the middles are still soft.
- Remove from oven and tap tray on your bench top/wooden board 3 times to flatten slightly again. Allow cookies to cool on tray for 5 minutes.
- Transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.
- Store cookies in an airtight container, in the pantry, for 1 week.
- Prep Time: 15min
- Cook Time: 12min