Dried Pineapple & Hazelnut White Chocolate Slab! A block of melted down heavenly white chocolate infused with ground cardamom. Topped with chopped hazelnuts and dried pineapple.
Usually I create dark or milk chocolate barks or blocks such as this however, using white chocolate instead is a little different, a little sweeter (yes quite a bit) which makes this slab a nice little treat. Yes it’s not as “healthy” as melting down dark chocolate or even creating your own from scratch but let’s just have fun with this.
To make it even more interesting, I’ve included 1/2 teaspoon of ground cardamom to the white chocolate which you’ll stir through after it’s completely melted. Cardamom and white chocolate is such a beautiful combination, the cardamom really does shine through this. Speaking of which, what would you call this? A bark, block or slab? I’m going with a chocolate slab because that sounds indulgent right? I was aiming to create a new chocolate bark recipe but I wanted to switch it up a little. Instead of making a thinner chocolate bark, you’ll pour your melted chocolate into loaf/rectangle pan, instead of just pouring your melted chocolate on a flat tray and spreading it out. Using a smaller based pan will allow the chocolate to be thicker in height, yum!
Pineapple & Hazelnut White Chocolate Slab Ingredients
What ingredients will you need to make this deliciousness?
- Block of white chocolate – the choice is up to you, a regular Cadbury or Lindt block or if you have a favourite low sugar or dairy free brand, go for it!
- Hazelnuts – buy them whole and chop them up or purchase already roughly chopped
- Dried pineapple rings
- Ground cardamom
I understand it’s not. Easy finding dried pineapple, especially at the supermarket. I have found dried pineapple at my local health food store and online. You can even try. Bulk food stores as they usually carry dried fruit out of the norm (your usual supermarket suspect; sultanas, dried cranberries, dried apricots etc). If you really cannot get access to dried pineapple, I welcome you to replace the dried pineapple with any other died fruit that you would like.
The process to make your tasty white chocolate slab is literally melt, pour, sprinkle and set. Gosh I love easy tasty recipes such as this one, will you give it a go? A delicious weekend treat awaits you! Sam xPrint
A block of melted down heavenly white chocolate infused with ground cardamom. Topped with chopped hazelnuts and dried pineapple.
- 400g plain white chocolate block, broken into squares or roughly chopped
- 1/2 tsp ground cardamon
- 1/3 cup (30g) dried pineapple rings approx. 5 rings, cut into smaller pieces
- 1/3 cup (60g) whole hazelnuts skin on or off, roughly chopped
- Line a 9” x 5” loaf pan with parchment paper and set aside.
- Prepare a double boiler with a heat proof mixing bowl over simmering water.
- Add white chocolate to the bowl and gently melt over a low-medium heat, stirring occasionally.
- Once completely smooth, remove from heat.
- Stir through ground cardamom.
- Pour mixture into lined pan. Spreading it out evenly.
- Sprinkle over pineapple pieces and chopped hazelnuts.
- Place in the refrigerator for 2-3 hours or until completely set.
- Remove and allow to sit at room temperature for 5-10 minutes to slightly soften as it’s easier to cut.
- Slice into bars or squares and enjoy!
- Keep stored in an airtight container, refrigerated, for 1 week – 10 days.