Imagine taking your beloved homemade chocolate muffin recipe to the next level. This is exactly what you’ll be doing with these beauties! This muffin recipe is simple to create but when you add in that creamy milk chocolate into your batter, when it bakes, you’re left with an indulgent baked muffin that will have you salivating before taking your first bite. Don’t skimp on those extra pieces of magic on top of your muffins, the more real milk chocolate, the better, right?
Double Chocolate Muffins
- 1 1/2 cups gluten free all purpose flour, I use ‘Bob’s Red Mill Baking 1-1 Gluten Free Flour’
- 1/4 cup cocoa powder
- 1 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 cup 90g salted butter, cubed and softened at room temperature*
- 3/4 cup coconut sugar
- 2 large eggs, room temperature
- 1/2 cup plain greek yoghurt
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 3/4 almond milk or milk of choice
- 170 g milk chocolate block, roughly chopped, for batter
- 90 g milk chocolate block, roughly chopped, for topping
- Preheat oven to 180ºC (356ºF). Line a 12-hole regular sized muffin pan with muffin liners. Set aside.
- In a small mixing bowl, combine flour, cocoa powder, baking powder and baking soda, mix well and set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, add butter. Take a hand mixer or a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, lightly beat the butter for a few seconds just to break it down. Add coconut sugar and beat on high for 1 minute until well combined and fluffy.
- Add eggs, yoghurt and vanilla. Beat on medium speed for 30 seconds or until light and well combined, scraping down the sides when needed.
- Add dry flour mixture into creamed mixture. Beat until just combined.
- Pour in milk, beat until milk has combined and mixture forms a soft batter, ensuring not to over-mix.
- Gently fold through first measurement of chopped chocolate.
- Spoon batter evenly amongst liners, filling each one just below the top edge.
- Sprinkle each muffin with second measurement of chopped chocolate.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes or until a skewer inserted into the middle comes out clean.
- Cool in pan for 5 minutes.
- Remove and transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.