Never underestimate a good cookie recipe because they are the best kind of cookies! Easy, delicious and all done in 1 bowl, could it get any better?! Less dishes + a tasty treat = best day ever!! Ok down to business…. I’m here to solve your afternoon baking blues because a quick sweet treat doesn’t always have to be difficult and time consuming, trust me! Some days i’m not even in the mood to be making anything that is too involved, cue these delightful cookies!
Thank you to Organic Times for providing me with the wonderful pantry ingredients to create and flavour these awesome gluten free chocolate oat cookies. I’ve been snacking on these beauties all week long. I especially love to enjoy these after dinner (and well…just before bed time never hurt no one), as they are:
Pretty darn yummy
Have as many as your heart desires because lets face it, you can ALWAYS make more after you devour the whole batch in a few days. Let me know if you re-create these cookies for yourself, your family and friends. Pin this recipe now and bake them later for that perfect snack that you can enjoy each time you open that pantry of yours looking for something sweet!
- 2½ cups gluten free rolled oats
- ¾ cup Organic Times almond meal
- ¼ cup Organic Times rapadura sugar
- ¼ cup Organic Times carob powder
- 1 tsp Organic Times baking powder
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 2 eggs
- ½ cup maple syrup
- 1 tsp vanilla bean extract
- Chocolate Drizzle
- ½ cup Organic Times milk chocolate drops, melted
- Preheat oven to 180ºC (356ºF) and line a baking tray with parchment paper, set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine oats, almond flour, sugar, carob, baking soda and cinnamon.
- In a separate mixing bowl, whisk together eggs, maple syrup and vanilla.
- Pour the wet mixture into the dry and mix until well combined.
- Using your hands, form cookies, approx. 2-3 Tbsp of mixture per cookie. A bit smaller than a golf ball.
- Place them on your prepared baking tray, 1 inch apart.
- Bake cookies for 8-10 minutes or until golden brown and they lift off the baking sheet.
- Let cookies cool on tray for 5 minutes before removing.
- Transfer to a wire cooling rack to cool completely.
- Chocolate Drizzle
- Over a double boiler, melt chocolate drops on a medium heat until completely melted and smooth.
- Once the cookies have cooled, drizzle melted chocolate over each one.
- Serve and Enjoy!