These vegetarian cauliflower patties are ideal on the side of your gorgeous garden salad and roasted potatoes! Homemade with love, these golden nutritious patties will win you and everyone over! Their flavour you will love and get excited over. Simple, quick and satisfying! Enjoy x
- 1 large head (750g) cauliflower, cut into large florets
- ½ medium red onion, peeled and finely diced
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- ¼ medium (50g) zucchini, finely grated
- 2 tablespoon fresh parsley, roughly chopped
- 5 leaves fresh basil, roughly chopped
- 1 large egg*
- 4 tablespoon gluten free all purpose flour or regular all purpose flour
- Salt & pepper, to season
- 2-3 tablespoon coconut oil or olive oil, to fry
- Prepare a steamer with water and bring to a boil.
- Place cauliflower florets into steamer and steam for 10-15 minutes or until completely soft and ready to mash.
- Remove cauliflower from steamer and transfer to a large mixing bowl.
- Using a potato masher or fork, mash cauliflower.
- Place bowl with cauliflower in the fridge to cool down to room temperature.
- Once cooled, add onion and garlic, mix well.
- Add zucchini and mix well.
- Stir through parsley and basil.
- Add egg and mix until well combined. Sprinkle over flour, 1 tablespoon at a time, mixing well after each addition.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Heat a large non-stick fry pan over medium-high heat. Add 1 tablespoon oil to lightly coat the base.
- Pick up approx. 2 tablespoons worth of mixture and form into a round patty. Place in hot pan. Repeat with remaining mixture. NOTE: you may have to cook the patties in batches depending on the size of your fry pan, topping up the oil when needed.
- Fry patties for 2-3 minutes on each side or until golden, crisp on the outside and cooked through.
- Remove from heat and serve immediately.
- Serve alongside a garden salad and roasted potatoes!
Store leftovers in an airtight container, refrigerated, for 2-3 days. *For vegan patties, replace egg with a flax egg. Or omit egg and add more flour until patties hold their shape.
Calories: 143kcalCarbohydrates: 14gProtein: 5gFat: 8gSaturated Fat: 6gCholesterol: 40mgSodium: 61mgPotassium: 507mgFiber: 3gSugar: 3gVitamin A: 275IUVitamin C: 75.2mgCalcium: 48mgIron: 1.2mg
Tried this recipe? Let us know how it was!
Did you make this recipe? Let me know!