It’s nearly the weekend and I hope I get you inspired to get baking with these Almond Butter Crispy Chocolate Bars! Seriously, this recipe is really, really delicious!
This is a no-bake, gluten free and vegan slice. So this is going to appeal to so many of you, I hope! The base is a crunchy almond butter texture, really yummy, the topping a simple made from scratch soft chocolate topping. I usually go for the melted dark chocolate block but for this recipe, a softer chocolate topping is fantastic!
Are all those attributes enough to win you over? I bet they’re!
I’ve been snacking on this almond crispy slice all week, even choosing it over my carrot cake loaf I shared with you earlier in the week, hard to believe? Well once you get your hands on a slice of these bars, you will know exactly what I’m talking about! Ready to give it a try?
Hope you enjoy and have a wonderful weekend ahead!
Almond Butter Crispy Chocolate Bars
- 1 cup almond butter
- ½ cup maple syrup
- ½ cup coconut oil
- 1 cup desiccated coconut
- 2 cups rice puff cereal gluten free
- ½ cup coconut oil
- ½ cup cocoa powder
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- ½ cup flaked almonds
- Line a 8” x 8“ square baking pan with parchment paper, set aside.
- In a medium sized pot over low-medium heat, add almond butter, maple syrup and coconut oil, mix to combine.
- Gently heat mixture until almond butter has completely melted down and smooth.
- Remove from heat and stir through desiccated coconut.
- Add rice puffs 1 cup at a time, mixing well after each addition.
- Pour mixture into lined baking pan and place in the refrigerator.
- Make topping whilst base is setting.
- Half fill a small pot with water and put over a medium heat.
- Place a medium-large heat proof bowl over the pot.
- Add coconut oil and melt down. Once completely melted, stir through maple syrup and cocoa powder until well combined and smooth.
- Remove from heat.
- Remove base from refrigerator and carefully pour chocolate over the top. Move the pan around to get an even layer of the chocolate or use a spatula.
- Refrigerate for a further 1-2 hours or until topping has firmed up. Half way through refrigerating, just as it’s starting set, sprinkle over flaked almonds.
- Remove from pan and slice into squares.
Did you make this recipe? Let me know!