Not all salads are created equal…
Introducing my Super Green Roasted Sheet Pan Vegetable Salad! Wow, that’s a mouthful! This nutritious and delicious roasted veggie salad is the perfect way to get in some of your healthiest vegetables and it’s so easy to make!
I whipped this up the other night as a side dish and it was a huge hit! Everyone will think that you have slaved over this roasted salad for hours but in reality, it took you like 10 minutes to put together, great right?! Especially because it’s bursting with flavour, no longer will anyone believe that you just eat leafy green salads because you’re vegetarian/vegan, you show em!
Have you tried my avocado dressing yet?! Oh my goodness golly gosh, you must make it asap if you haven’t already, you cannot waste anymore time missing out on such deliciousness, I won’t allow it! Check out the recipe here, it’s part of my Mexican taco’s recipe and I paired it with this roasted super salad and I have no words…. it’s truly incredible and those chickpeas though??!!
You can also top it with fresh sliced avocado and tomato to make it a real sort of “fresh” salad, either when it comes out of the oven or when you serve it up on plates, so they won’t go mushy from the heat of the other veggies, completely up to you, it all goes down the same way!
Cauliflower, broccoli and fennel are just some of the most nutritious vegetables you can consume, that is why I have included them in this super salad and they taste absolutely amazing. Have you tried dukkah before? This is about the second time I have ever used it and it’s pretty special. I got this recipe idea from the ever so wonderful Donna Hay and decided to put my own little twist on it, I hope you like it just as much as I enjoyed making it and eating it, oh it’s so so very yummy, enjoy!!
- Half a head of 1 large cauliflower, chopped into florets
- 1 small head broccoli, chopped into florets
- 1 can (400g) chickpeas, drained
- 1 small fennel, sliced
- 2 tablespoon dukkah
- 5 thyme sprigs
- ½ tablespoon dried dill
- 3 tablespoon coconut oil, melted
- 1 large avocado, flesh removed and sliced
- 1-2 large tomatoes, sliced
- Optional: My avocado dressing
- Preheat oven to 180ºC (356ºF), line a large roasting pan with parchment paper.
- Place chopped cauliflower and broccoli into pan, spreading out evenly.
- Pour chickpeas over cauliflower and broccoli then scatter with sliced fennel.
- Sprinkle over dukkah, thyme and dill.
- Drizzle melted coconut oil over all the veggies.
- Roast for 20-30 minutes or until vegetables are golden, tender and slightly crisp.
- Cool for 5 minutes.
- Top and serve with sliced avocado, tomato or my delicious avocado dressing.