Pumpkin Seed & Apricot Chocolate Slice
Pumpkin Seed & Apricot Chocolate Slice! This yummy slice is filled with pumpkin seeds, crispy rice, oats, dried apricot and more. Poured with a luxurious lightly salted chocolate topping.
- 1 cup Rice Krispie/Rice Bubble Cereal
- 3/4 cup pumpkin seeds
- 1/2 cup rolled oats
- 1/2 cup dried apricot, diced
- 1 tsp ground mixed spice
- 1/4 cup
- 4 Tbsp runny honey
- 3 Tbsp almond butter
- 180 g plain dark chocolate block of choice, I use Cadbury’s baking dark chocolate
- Pinch of fine salt
- Line a 7-inch x 11-inch (20cm x 30cm) rectangle baking tray with baking paper, set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, add puffed rice, pumpkin seeds, oats, diced apricot and mixed spice. Mix with a wooden spoon until well combined.
- In a small pot, add coconut oil, honey and almond butter. Place over a low-medium heat and gently melt until completely smooth. The almond butter will take the longest to melt down, just keep mixing until mixture is smooth. Remove from heat.
- Pour into dry mixture and mix until well combined.
- Press into lined pan, evening out the top, I find pressing/smoothing it down with a flat spatula is helpful.
- Transfer to refrigerator whilst you make the topping.
- Prepare a double boiler with a heat proof mixing bowl over simmering water.
- Break chocolate into squares and place in the bowl. Warm over low-medium heat until completely melted and smooth.
- Add small pinch of salt and mix through. Remove from heat.
- Remove base from refrigerator and pour melted chocolate over the base. You will need to spread it out with your spatula as it’s thin.
- Return to refrigerator and chill until chocolate has completely set and hardened, about 30 minutes – 1 hour.
- Remove from pan and sit at room temperature for 10 minutes to allow chocolate to soften slightly before slicing so it doesn’t crack.
- Slice into squares.
Store in an airtight container, refrigerated, for 1 week.
Calories: 177kcalCarbohydrates: 17gProtein: 3gFat: 12gSaturated Fat: 6gPolyunsaturated Fat: 1gMonounsaturated Fat: 3gTrans Fat: 1gCholesterol: 1mgSodium: 13mgPotassium: 190mgFiber: 2gSugar: 11gVitamin A: 268IUVitamin C: 1mgCalcium: 25mgIron: 3mg
Tried this recipe? Let us know how it was!