This is my favourite no-bake, vegan, chocolate slice!
Warning: It’s addictive!
Oh and guess what?! There is also no added sugar, woohoo!! Now you can completely enjoy this delicious healthy chocolate slice in peace, oh how lovely! I knew you guys would love this. It’s just one of my favourite healthy vegan slices to make and I’m super excited to share it with you today.
Not only is this no-bake chocolate slice healthy and gluten free, it’s also super simple to prepare. All you need is your food processor and a bowl for the frosting, that easy! You’re welcome… 😉
I call this my favourite chocolate slice recipe because it ticks all of my boxes when I’m completely and utterly on board my super epitome of health bandwagon, which isn’t all of the time by the way. Sugar free, dairy free, gluten free, vegan, no-bake and super chocolatey. Can we just take a moment in appreciation of this coconut cream chocolate frosting?!! I know if you’re reading this for the first time that you probably haven’t tried the frosting yet but I warn you, just like I warned you earlier in this post, IT’S ADDICTIVE! This vegan and sugar free chocolate coconut frosting is similar to the one I made for these cupcakes, I just omitted the coconut oil. If you haven’t tried these cupcakes yet, I highly recommend that you do!
Expect very little sweetness from the base of this slice because you will satisfy your sweet tooth when enjoying the frosting with the base layer, the perfect ratio! I’m slightly obsessed with the frosting to be honest. It’s so incredibly delicious I would eat it out of the bowl if I made extra. That would be without the guilt, you in?!
- 2 cups almonds
- ½ cup LSA (linseed, sunflower & almond meal)
- ½ cup desiccated coconut
- ¼ gluten free rolled oats
- ⅓ cup raw cacao nibs
- ½ cup cacao powder
- 1 large banana
- 4 tablespoon coconut oil, room temperature or melted
- 2 teaspoon vanilla bean extract
- 220g canned coconut cream, refrigerated overnight
- ⅓ cup desiccated coconut
- 200g dark cooking chocolate, broken into squares
- Line a 9” x 9” square baking pan with parchment paper. Set aside.
- In a high speed food processor, add almonds and pulse on high until just broken up, leaving a few bigger chunks.
- To the processor, add LSA, coconut, oats, cacao nibs and cacao powder, pulse on high until well combined.
- Add in the banana, coconut oil, banana and vanilla, blend on high until the mixture begins to stick together.
- Press evenly into prepared pan.
- Melt chocolate over a double-boiler or microwave until smooth and completely melted. Set aside to cool to room temperature, stirring occasionally.
- Spoon out the solid coconut cream fat from the can and weigh out 220g, discard any liquid.
- Add coconut cream to a mixing bowl and stir through desiccated coconut.
- Once melted chocolate has cooled down to room temperature or near to it, slowly pour into coconut cream mixture, whisking fast whilst pouring it in.
- Continue to whisk the cream mixture until smooth and chocolate has combined well with the cream. If there is any solid chocolate shards still in the cream, this is ok, it adds texture!
- Pour frosting evenly over base layer.
- Set in the refrigerator for 1-2 hours or until completely set. Best refrigerated overnight.
- Remove from pan and slice into squares.