We are taking the wholesome potato salad to the next level and adding a bunch of green goodness. Bathed in the most delicious, simple, greek yoghurt based dressing. Perfect to serve along side your main meal.
Serve alongside your main dish and you have yourself one scrumptious, healthy green filled creamy potato salad.
Creamy Vegetable Potato Salad
- 1 kg (6-7) white washed potatoes or russet potatoes, washed and skin left on
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 bunch (5 stalks) asparagus, trimmed
- ¼ small red onion, peeled finely sliced
- ½ medium cucumber, finely sliced
- 1 large stalk celery, trimmed and diced
- 3 stalks spring onion, trimmed and diced
- ¼ cup fresh parsley, roughly chopped
- 1 cup packed fresh rocket (arugula leaves)
- ½ cup plain Greek yoghurt
- ¼ cup whole egg mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon whole grain mustard
- 1 cm piece fresh ginger, finely grated
- 1 tablespoon freshly squeezed lemon juice
- Salt & pepper, to season
- Chop potatoes into medium sized cubes.
- Fill a large pot half way up with water and bring to a boil. Once boiling, add salt and place in chopped potatoes.
- Boil for 10 minutes, or until fork tender. Ensuring not to overcook. Drain and set aside to cool.
- Prepare a small steamer with simmering water, add asparagus and steam for 2 minutes or until fork tender and bright green. Remove from heat and set aside to cool.
- Once potatoes have cooled, transfer to a large mixing bowl.
- Add cooled asparagus.
- Add onion, cucumber, celery, spring onion, parsley and rocket (arugula) leaves. Mix until combined with the potatoes.
- In a mixing bowl, combine all dressing ingredients. Mix well.
- Pour dressing over potatoes and vegetables. Mix with a wooden spoon or spatula until well coated and combined.
- Cover and refrigerate for 30 minutes - 1 hour before serving.
- Serve along side your main meal and enjoy!