It’s cookie time!! Rich, chocolatey, soft, M&M inspired cookies - oh YES!
Not only are these cookies absolutely delicious, they’re quite simple to whip up, you ready?
Now we all love cookies with either M&M’s or smarties on them but those toppings aren’t the healthiest. Cookies aren’t the healthiest either but these cookies are healthier than real M&M’s, trust me 😉
So here is the fun part, these cute little smarties are coloured naturally using fruit & plant extracts, WINNING! They are called Little Gems and they are from my favourite organic brand, Organic Times. You guys MUST get your hands one a packet of these because there is zero guilt if you just wanna snack on a small of these little gems, I do that often, haha.
Besides the awesome ‘better for you’ smarties, the actual cookies are super rich in chocolate and that is because I also used Dutch Cocoa Powder from Organic Times, are you seeing a trend? I do love them - my organic family they’re!! 😀
I love this cookie recipe so much because they’re honestly so easy to make. Yes you have to cream some coconut oil and sugar but that is the base for a perfect cookie. Also, there isn’t a whole bunch of ingredients in them, a few but not too large where just the sight of the recipe puts you off. Did I mention they are also dairy free - I know you love that!! Are you going to make yourself a batch of this deliciousness??!
- 1 cup gluten free all purpose flour, I use Bobs Red Mill ‘1-to-1 Baking Flour’*
- ½ cup Organic Times Cocoa Powder
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ cup coconut oil, room temperature
- ¾ cup Organic Times Rapadura Sugar, or coconut sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla bean extract
- ¼ cup Organic Times Little Gems
- Preheat oven to 180ºC (356ºF). Line a baking tray with parchment paper, set aside.
- Combine flour, cocoa, baking powder and baking soda together in a mixing bowl. Set aside.
- Using a hand mixer or a stand mixer fitted with the whisk attachment, whisk together coconut oil and coconut sugar in a large mixing bowl until well combined and just beginning to get fluffy.
- Add egg and vanilla, whisk until light, fluffy and smooth.
- Gradually add in flour mixture, whisking well until it begins to form a soft dough.
- Form into a dough, wrap in cling film and refrigerate for 15 minutes.
- Remove from refrigerator and form into balls/cookies. Approx. 2 tablespoons worth each. Place onto prepared tray, pressing down on them slightly, you don’t want them as a complete ball so press them down halfway. Leaving 2 inches between each cookie as they do spread.
- Press desired amount of little gems onto the top of each cookie.
- Bake for 9-12 minutes or until the tops have cracked and the cookies come away easily from the baking sheet.
- Remove and cool on tray for 10 minutes.
- Transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.
- Serve and Enjoy!
*I loveBobs Red Mill 1-to-1 Gluten Free Baking Flour in my baked goods. It works perfectly as an exact swap for regular flour as a 1:1 ratio. You may also use any other gluten free all purpose flour or any regular wheat all purpose flour.
Did you make this recipe? Let me know!