I love easy slice recipes when I need a quick slice and this Hazelnut Slice Recipe is one of my favorites. Made with a condensed milk biscuit base and topped with loads of crushed hazelnuts!Print
This slice embodies the classic chocolate and hazelnut combo that we all know and love. The base is a 4-ingredient rum ball-esque mixture but richer in cocoa and of course, without the rum. The topping is a generous sprinkling of crushed hazelnuts. Does this scream Nutella? You’ll have to find out for yourself 😉
- 1 packet (200g) plain arrowroot biscuits (gluten free or regular), or any plain biscuits such as digestive biscuits
- 5 Tbsp (30g) cocoa powder or cacao powder
- 1 1/2 cups (150g) desiccated coconut
- 1 cup (300g) sweetened condensed coconut milk, find this in the supermarket near the regular condensed milk or the coconut creams, you can also use regular sweetened condensed milk
- 1/2 cup (60g) whole hazelnuts, skin on
- Line a 9” x 9“ square baking pan with parchment paper, set aside.
- In a food processor, crush biscuits into crumb, not too fine, still leaving some larger chunks. Transfer into a large mixing bowl.
- Pour in cocoa and coconut, mix until well combined.
- Pour in condensed milk and mix thoroughly with a wooden spoon, until all dry ingredients are coated well.
- Transfer mixture into lined pan and press into an even layer.
- Add hazelnuts to food processor and pulse until it turns to a crumble, leaving some larger pieces but mostly a crumb.
- Sprinkle over crushed hazelnuts and slightly press them into the base.
- Place in the refrigerator for 1 hour or until set.
- Remove slice from refrigerator and the pan.
- Slice into bars or squares.
- Serve and enjoy!
- Store in an air-tight container, refrigerated, for 1 week.
- Prep Time: 20min