Oh my goodness! Chai Spiced Rocky Road, have you ever seen anything like it?! Imagine your favourite chocolate rocky road, filled with nuts, dried fruit and marshmallows. Now, imagine it again but with a chai flavour all throughout…. yes….
This chai flavoured infused rocky road bark is going to make a heavy appearance in all of your homes this festive season, I can just feel it! 😉
If you are a lover of chai and of course chocolate, I urge you to whip up a batch of this 100% deliciousness. It features some classic rocky road ingredients, including hazelnuts and dried cranberries. Blended through the melted chocolate is a few of those traditional chai spices including cardamom, cinnamon, clove and ginger.
Infusing the dark chocolate with the chai spices ensures you get the chai hit with every single bite.
I decided to get a little funky and sprinkle the small marshmallows on top of the mixture as opposed to mixing them through the chocolate mix. Why? Well because I saw a photo on Pinterest with the marshmallows on top of a slice and it really resonated with me, haha!
I know you will LOVE this chai spiced rocky road bark just as much as I have been snacking on it all week long, enjoy! xPrint
Chai Spiced Rocky Road
- Total Time: 20 minutes
- Yield: Serves: 4-6
Traditional chai spices blended through dark chocolate and combined with coconut, hazelnuts and dried cranberries. Sprinkled with mini marshmallows and a dusting of cocoa powder, yay!
- 400g dark chocolate of choice, broken into squares
- ⅓ cup (40g) desiccated coconut
- 1 ¼ tsp ground cardamom
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- ½ tsp ground cloves
- ¼ tsp ground ginger
- ⅓ cup (60g) whole raw hazelnuts, roughly chopped
- ⅓ cup (50g) dried cranberries
- 60g small marshmallows cut in half or mini marshmallows
- Line a 9” x 12“ rectangle baking pan with parchment paper, set aside.
- Prepare a double boiler with a heat proof mixing bowl over simmering water.
- Add dark chocolate to the bowl and gently melt, stirring occasionally.
- Once chocolate is completely melted and smooth, reduce heat to low and stir through coconut.
- Add cardamom, cinnamon, cloves and ginger. Mix until well combined.
- Stir through chopped hazelnuts and cranberries.
- Pour into lined pan, spreading out evenly.
- Sprinkle over halved marshmallows (or mini marshmallows if using). Pressing them into the chocolate slightly.
- Dust a light layer of cocoa powder over the top.
- Refrigerate for 1-2 hours or until completely hardened.
- Remove from pan and allow to sit at room temperature for 10 minutes. This will soften the chocolate slightly, making it easier for you to slice through.
- Cut into squares and enjoy!
Store in an airtight container, refrigerated, for 1 week - 10 days.
- Prep Time: 15min
- Cook Time: 5min
Did you make this recipe? Let me know!