Just like your homemade Anzac biscuits but created in slice form. Golden, soft on the inside, slightly crisp on the outside, this heartwarming slice is an absolute classic. A wonderful quick slice recipes to make for your weekly snacks, especially coming up to Anzac Day this weekend. Who loves the aroma of freshly baked Anzac biscuits?
- 1 cup (150g) plain all purpose flour
- 1 cup (120g) rolled oats
- 1 cup (100g) desiccated coconut
- ⅓ cup (70g) raw granulated sugar
- ¼ cup (50g) packed light brown sugar
- 180g unsalted butter
- 4 Tbsp (80g) golden syrup
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 2 Tbsp boiling water
- Pre-heat oven to 160ºC (320ºF). Line a 7 inch - 11 inch rectangle baking tray with parchment paper, set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, add flour, oats, coconut and both sugars. Mix well to combine.
- In a small pot, combine butter and golden syrup over a low-medium heat. Stirring occasionally, heat until butter has completely melted, ensuring not to boil. Turn off heat once completely melted and smooth.
- In a small bowl, add baking soda and pour over the boiling water, mix quickly to combine. Immediately pour into butter and syrup mixture in the pot and allow it to froth up. Once frothing, straight away pour over dry flour mixture. Mix with a wooden spoon or spatula to combine well.
- Press dough into lined pan with your hands then even out the top with a spatula.
- Bake for 18-20 minutes until the top is nicely golden.
- Remove from oven and allow slice to completely cool in the pan.
- Once cooled, pick up the sides of the parchment paper and gently remove from pan. Place on a cutting board and slice into squares or rectangles.
- Serve and enjoy!
- Store in an airtight container, in the pantry, for 4-5 days.
- Prep Time: 15min
- Cook Time: 20min